Ended Official BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

Pics
Finally put the finishing touches on my article, gonna post it later today when I get on my computer so I can transfer it from a word document.

This looks like a great contest and I just have to put my mad writing skills to the test! But I'm confused. How do you make an article and then share the link to a post? I've never done this type of contest before...tips are appreciated! A lot!

Thanks for the help!

~ClickCluckMoo~

Hello! :frow Once you've made the article and added all the finishing touches you can submit it (you can make it in the "member pages" section). Once you've done that you copy the URL for the article you've made and then paste the URL here and everyone can look at it. :) Hope this makes sense! :thumbsup

, but is a topic that would be a good addition to one of the sections in the Learning Center.
  • Create a well worded & detailed title. Example: “How To Raise & Process Chickens for Meat - Tips & Pictures” is much better than: “Meat Chickens
  • Write a unique high quality article with around 750 words (more is fine as long as it is good / helpful info). It must have at least one picture relative to the subject. Bonus points if you add more pics (pictures are usually worth 1,000 words, but in this contest they are worth about 10 - 50
    wink.png
    )
  • Post a reply to this thread with a link to your completed article(s) - A maximum of THREE article submissions per member will be allowed.

I hope this helps

Last edited:

I hope this helps

Of course we could also recommend any future authors read this article by one of the greatest award winning authors of BYC...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/writing-an-award-winning-byc-article

Personally, I am voting for this author to win again.  If they were to give me a vote....... For some reason BYC does not count my vote.:lau  

Beings I am so humble and shy, I did not list the name of the author......
No you are not getting a vacation to the Bahamas or anywhere for that matter if you win.... Don't believe what this one says ^

How many more do we need? I published my wound care for chickens, is that something that needs pictures?.. I did not really think that people looking at pictures of gaping chicken wound would help them treat their chicken wound. I am working on a essentially oils and chickens one right now. I just need to spend fifteen minutes editing it and I'll be done. That is another one I don't really thinks needs pictures. What do you guys think?

I think pictures would be very helpful. As long as they're relevant & follow BYC guidelines, I assume it would be okay.

No you are not getting a vacation to the Bahamas or anywhere for that matter if you win.... Don't believe what this one says ^

Oh My Gosh!!

I am so hurt by this! BTW BYC is still denying the all expense paid vacation for 4 to Australia was ever offered to me. Some days I think they may not come through with it.

And please if you decide to not believe me on my skills as an author, do not disbelieve me on the dangers of web footed birds to the human race. We must prevail over them or risk extinction!

Oh My Gosh!!

I am so hurt by this!  BTW BYC is still denying the all expense paid vacation for 4 to Australia was ever offered to me.  Some days I think they may not come through with it.    

And please if you decide to not believe me on my skills as an author, do not disbelieve me on the dangers of web footed birds to the human race. We must prevail over them or risk extinction!
:gig

Back
Top Bottom