Ended Official BYC Contest: Waterers & Feeders - WINNER ANNOUNCED

Not forgotten... it's just been very slow on the submissions. :(

Hopefully we'll have more so we can begin the process of judging the submissions... and if not, we'll close it anyway. ;)

Yeah i agree, i thought there would be more submissions.

Anyhow Rick26 made some great diagrams for my waterer and I just wanted people to know that I have added them to my write up. Thanks again to Rick 26!

Here's one to start things off:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/21-heated-water-dish

smile.png

Thank you! Quite a nice surprise. I had a job keeping their water from freezing this winter, although once it hit 15 below zero I moved them indoors. It was just getting too cold for them (and for me).
hide.gif

Congrads to the winner!

But I have to just say that I hate messy waterers. The ones the get filled with bedding, poo, etc.

I posted in this thread about the watering system (complete with many pictures) that I used last summer........... Well that gave way to an even better invention for this winter (in Michigan with lows below zero all the time, and highs not much more than 10 to 15).

In my signature line click the link to see this beauty and how to make one of your own very cheap. Can be used in the summer without heat, and in the winter with heat. Made with a horizontal nipple.

Here are a couple pics of one of my ISA Brown taking a drink .... It's the square "Windfresh" bucket in the picture.

And check out my 5 gallon "no-waste" bucket feeder next to it. Both are priceless and I will NEVER EVER use anything else!!! Only had to top off the food/water ever 14 days over the winter for my 5 chickens!

Back
Top Bottom