Ended Official BYC Mini Contest #6 - Post your best Poultry In Snow Picture and Win!

And then THIS happened!
th.gif

This is a poultry...in the snow...any guesses O wise ones? lol
gig.gif

I can't submit this as an entry because I already submitted two pics
rant.gif

I think this poultry heard about the contest and just wanted to be included! Clearly posing!

Last edited:
Hi all. Ive been a lurker for a few years now and thought it was about time i joined.So im kicking off my first post with my comp entry. This is Emily chicken who finds the snow too cold so she stands on my daughters head instead.

Luv this pic.

welcome-byc.gif
So glad you have joined us.
You should post an intro under the New Members Forum to get a proper welcoming.

Such pretty pictures!

Here's Blue

And the turkeys, Wee and Tom

Beautiful birds @shortgrass

Are your turkeys Royal Palms? (Sorry if that's not the full name, I'm not real familiar with turkey breeds.)

Thank you
smile.png
Yep, they're Royal Palms; they're a heritage breed, a bit smaller than the meat turkeys.

They're very pretty turkeys. I've seen pictures of the males before but can't remember seeing the females (are they called Jens?).

They're very pretty turkeys. I've seen pictures of the males before but can't remember seeing the females (are they called Jens?).

Jakes and Jennys are the equivalent of cockerels and pullets, then when they are mature, they're Toms and hens :)

I had to get them for their coloring, I love black and white combos, obviously lol... This isn't an entry but a better pic of the Tom; he's such a pretty boy :D

And this is about how big the hen is, she's probably 12 lbs or so...

Jakes and Jennys are the equivalent of cockerels and pullets, then when they are mature, they're Toms and hens
smile.png

I had to get them for their coloring, I love black and white combos, obviously lol... This isn't an entry but a better pic of the Tom; he's such a pretty boy
big_smile.png

And this is about how big the hen is, she's probably 12 lbs or so...

They are good looking turkeys. Thanks for explaining the Jake/Jenny thing to me...as you may have guessed, I've never been around turkeys. Looks like the kids enjoy them!

Back
Top Bottom