• Meat

Votes: 640 26.4%
  • Fertilizer

Votes: 924 38.1%
  • Bug Control

Votes: 1,018 42.0%
  • More interesting and/or easy than other animals

Votes: 642 26.5%
  • Other (please specify in reply comments)

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • Showing & Exhibition

Votes: 219 9.0%

• Total voters
I just love chickens so sweet and entertaining, plus the bonus of eggs and meat :p Pretty feathers too.

I love to keep chickens and ducks. I like my chickens because they keep the bugs way down, keep the glass and flower beds healthy, and most of all, they are just so personable!
My 2 hens are in a chicken tractor and I move them every third day to a new spot on the lawn.

I got them for their Eggs primarily, meat once they stop producing in a couple of years... fertilizer and bug control for the garden and back yard, and I can't help but include the added theraputic benefits... can't get depressed about being laid off if I've got something to tend to ;)

While I didn't check meat, I have butchered roosters from straight run chicks. They were tasty too! I quit my job to stay home and take care of my 90 year old mother (moved her in with us) and my chickens help keep me from going stir crazy. To come from a fast paced job 10-12 hours a day to a slow crawl is enough to drive anyone nuts. I garden in the front yard (expanded that too) and have chickens in the back yard. Even my mother likes watching the chicken antics and she LOVES the eggs!
love.gif

I
I raise them for pets, eggs, bug control, etc but also for 4-H for my kids. So that was my "other" vote. I guess it would fall under the "showing/exhibition" category also.
I am a 12/13 year old and I just love chooks people think of me as a weirdo (the other kids) but they are all nice and I love my chooks my twin thinks I'm a bit brick in head but I love them got a chook called chickodey every time I walk near her she runs up and the others follow but not for the food chickens are great animals and are smart they will do anything to protect there kids the roosters fight over the hens I love chickens

I have chickens because I'm finally in the country where I CAN....someday I'll be old and probably have to give up the farm, but I take lots of photos and I can/will relive the good times when I finally have to get an old lady apartment in town.

Back
Top Bottom