• Meat

Votes: 640 26.4%
  • Fertilizer

Votes: 924 38.1%
  • Bug Control

Votes: 1,018 42.0%
  • More interesting and/or easy than other animals

Votes: 642 26.5%
  • Other (please specify in reply comments)

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • Showing & Exhibition

Votes: 219 9.0%

• Total voters
Right on, lots of things out there are a mess & we have to do what we can to make our own little world/environment a better, positive place. Chickens & gardening have been the 2 most rewarding additions to my life this year. Our positive efforts can rub off onto others around us too. It's our responsibility to keep ourselves happy & do our best to add happiness to the lives of others we care about & love. Take care!

Quote:

Already maxed out on the daily dose of Cymbalta
sad.png
and they're More interesting and/or easy than most of the other people I associate with
lau.gif

I voted 6 times for Pets, My first ones are my pets. Eggs. I may eat some of the ones I raise starting next year. Fertilizer I dump the poop and feathers in the compost bin. Bug control. and other They take me back in time when I was a better person. (i had chickens when I was little and had to get rid of them because we moved to town and later became a drunk) I now dont drink much and I stay home.

Besides, eggs and fertilizer (my garden was fantastic this year)

Therapy for me.

Meaningful work for my kids. It's been a teaching experience.

Educational perpose also. Showing my child & friends children how animals breed, live, die etc - where our food comes from not jst Tesco's. I'm always amazed that even fully grow adults think that if you put a egg in a incubator it will just hatch - they don't know that you need a Mr Chicken for this purpose!!! Or in our case a very handsome Colin the cockral

They're the "Tick Patrol". We used to have a truly horrifying tick problem- but no more! Ever since I got my chickens the bug problem has gone down so much I never even think about ticks when I go outside. That is a miracle!

Back
Top Bottom