• Meat

Votes: 640 26.4%
  • Fertilizer

Votes: 924 38.1%
  • Bug Control

Votes: 1,018 42.0%
  • More interesting and/or easy than other animals

Votes: 642 26.5%
  • Other (please specify in reply comments)

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • Showing & Exhibition

Votes: 219 9.0%

• Total voters
I also got the chickens for my dog as well. She's a Border Collie trained to herd sheep ...
The dog and I are both quite happy to watch the chickens for quite a while. However, I always have to go work on something; my dog thinks watching the chickens is her work and she loves every minute of it! She LOVES her chickens!!smile

I thought this was hilarious.
big_smile.png
We used to have a border collie/lab mix and I can just see her rounding up the chickens! She used to herd us when we first got her.​

We have ours for eggs, and bug control... I also chose other because we eat organically and this way I know what my chickens are eating!

My reason for keeping animals:
Teaching my kids to respect animals.
To me that means being kind to them and caring for them properly. To some of the chickens its also about showing respect to them in their final moments while processing them... My kids (and my husband and myself) have all learned a great deal from our chickens, turkeys and goat.

Also, its about having fun with them
tongue.png

Quote:
interesting... I wonder if we could do that or if you have to have a certain number of animals or if you have to sell products from them or what...

pets, eggs, fertilizer, bug control, easier/more interesting than other animals to keep.

You might add (if someone hasn't already) CHEAPER than other animals. Cheapest I've ever had to feed and care for.

Or maybe that comes under "easier."

Back
Top Bottom