• Meat

Votes: 640 26.4%
  • Fertilizer

Votes: 924 38.1%
  • Bug Control

Votes: 1,018 42.0%
  • More interesting and/or easy than other animals

Votes: 642 26.5%
  • Other (please specify in reply comments)

Votes: 257 10.6%
  • Showing & Exhibition

Votes: 219 9.0%

• Total voters
I like them for many reasons..they also relieve my stress...until my rooster attacks me
he.gif

I started out wanting eggs, and I have realized that chickens are quite entertaining. Listening to them happily clucking while scratching and searching for edibles in my flower garden and yard is quite relaxing for me. It is such a contented sound. Sigh.

I have mine to have something to do. I love animals and they provide eggs and companionship. When I discovered there where chickens other then the regular "Yard Bird", I instantly got interested and wanted to learn more. Now i'm learning how to produce a certain look. It keeps my mind busy, stress therapy. I have lots of reasons. lol

My "other" started out as contributing to a self sustaining lifestyle. As a retired/disabled RN taking care of a disabled Vietnam Marine I found a wonderful cure for depression. As aftercare for a total hip replacement and shingles X3,they are the best physical therapy I've ever had. It's wonderful to have "the Gang" greet u in the morning , wait on u to put them to bed at night and send u off everytime u leave the yard & greet u when u come home. Not only that but the eggs make the best cakes and omellets ever!

I keep them for eggs, meat, fertilizer, and bug control.

And also because I've been told I can't have them! (Yeah, don't tell me I can't do something unless you want to see me do it...
wink.png
)

My "other" reasons include aesthetics, comedic relief, and medicinal -- I think they help lower my blood pressure, it's so soothing to sit & watch them go about their birdy business.

They're also good for reducing kitchen waste, so many food scraps can be recycled through the chickens instead of being thrown away. We knew that chickens come in many colors, just think, they are also green!

Back
Top Bottom