Ended Official BYC Recipe Photo Contest - #1

congratulations00.gif

yippiechickie.gif

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished with their decisions and we have winners! :woot

#8 Candied Jalapeños (aka: Cowboy Candy)

My first step in working with jalapeños is getting my safety gear ready. That means my trusty chemical goggles, a pair of vinyl gloves & my chicken apron for inspiration.
10C7C823-D238-479D-8D99-9D587C82B5F0.jpeg

Next I make sure I have all the ingredients the recipe calls for. (Good thing I did this because I was out of sugar and didn’t know it.)
EDD034A0-BDCF-4553-A904-480C0C79A4ED.jpeg

Here I am chopping the jalapeños as per the directions in the recipe.
4D9D776E-8849-45CE-9960-A9BF83C8B7C2.jpeg

The next step is boiling the apple cider vinegar and spices to make a ‘syrup’. The jalapeños will briefly be added to the syrup before it all goes into the canning jars.
771799FE-837F-4008-975D-E8CFA6E78A00.jpeg

Here is my end result. I won’t be able to try these sweet & spicy little gems for at least a couple weeks, but I’ll be sure to let you know how they taste. 😊
EF133653-DFCE-4F32-9C32-6F490CAC53EA.jpeg

Recipe #66 Monster Cookies #1

First, I had to gather fresh eggs so generously donated by our lovely girls. :love

IMG_6088 f.jpg

Then mix the batter. I made a double batch since cookies don't last very long in my house! :D
IMG_6089 f.jpg

Allow the cookies to cool after baking. (sampling a couple while still warm)
IMG_6090 f.jpg

Mmmm. Yummy treat for tea time. 😋
IMG_6112 f.jpg

Edit: the recipe calls for M&M's. All I had were Christmas coloured ones and mini ones so mixed them and used both. :D The recipe did not specify what kind of M&M's so it should be legal. :confused::fl:cool:

#158 Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies
20210221-246A7086.jpg
20210221-246A7097.jpg
20210221-246A7104.jpg
20210221-246A7109.jpg

I followed the recipe as written. I didn't use the optional coconut. Now I need to get them out of the house before I eat them all!

@room onthebroom, @Chickstarrs, & @HopKat, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to go through all of the entries. I know it was incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

PRIZES
1st placeA BYC Cookbook and a 1-year PFM ($60 value) for yourself or a friend.
2nd placeA BYC Cookbook and a 6-month PFM ($35 value) for yourself or a friend.
3rd placeA BYC Cookbook and a 3-month PFM ($20 value) for yourself or a friend.

congratulations00.gif

yippiechickie.gif

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished with their decisions and we have winners! :woot

First Place - @room onthebroom
Canning Recipe Candied Jalapenos Aka Cowboy Candy

Second Place - @Chickstarrs
Monster Cookies #1

Third Place - @HopKat
Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

@room onthebroom, @Chickstarrs, & @HopKat, I will be sending you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!

~ Shout out to all of the judges that took the time to go through all of the entries. I know it was incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

PRIZES
:celebrateYay y´all!

Thank you judges! :wee

Congratulations @Chickstarrs & @HopKat :yaI think we should celebrate with some of your cookies.:drool

congratulations00.gif

yippiechickie.gif

Monster Cookies #1

Third Place - @HopKat

PRIZES
Thank you! So many good entries! These photography contests are fun and encourage me to take more pictures.. Now I need to work on the 2022 backyard chicken calendar contest entry 🤔

congratulations00.gif

yippiechickie.gif

Monster Cookies #1

Third Place - @HopKat

PRIZES
Yay! Thank you judges and everyone who entered their wonderful recipes! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom