Oh, hi

Aug 10, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes (and no, but still yes). We got four chickens a couple years ago from Tractor Supply. Then I delivered my baby entirely too early and, with exhaustion, stress, and a NICU stay, we accidentally forgot to let them out of the coop... it was July in Texas. We came home that night to four poor dead babies. It was pretty traumatic.

Our coop sat empty until about six weeks ago when we decided to give it another go. We didn't have the first batch long at all, so yeah, we're still new to chickens :)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
In our coop right now, we have three. We have seven more coming in a few weeks!

(3) What breeds do you have?
In the coop right now = bald neck, silkie, white crested black polish. SO CUTE I CAN'T STAND IT.

On the way = cinnamon queen, easter eggers, french black cooper maran, and austra white.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I'm hoping that it'll eventually be the fact that I feel more self-reliant, but as of right now, it's literally just staring at how cute they are & going crazy when one lets me love on it.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Oh, I don't know what those are.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have a teenage daughter, a baby boy, and two yorkie mixes. My husband owns a music school and I occasionally help out there. I homeschool my daughter. She is in a performance dance company that tours, so I spend a lot of time getting her where she needs to be. I attend a school of ministry full-time, which takes up the last bit of time I have.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Every time I had a chicken question, I intentionally plugged BYC into my google search. Figured I might as well join, so I don't go too crazy if/when I realize I've bitten off more than I can chew :)

Back
Top Bottom