Oh my! Rooster kills owner!

I posted a thread about this too. I think the guy was in poor health and it was a freak thing but I definitely don't think roosters that attack children should be tolerated. Everyone's situation is different of course and some people can rehabilitate a jerk rooster.
I didn't see your post. I told my brother I have a one-strike policy. My rooster attacks me and he'll find himself in hot water (with veggies and dumplings).

I have no doubt that my Cochin Bantam rooster, Billy Boy, would kill me if he could. He spent a fair amount to time yesterday trying to murder a water bottle, probably just practicing for the day I slip up and give him a moment's opportunity to slaughter me.

I feel badly for the guy and his family.

When I was seriously attacked by a donkey a few years ago, as my life was passing before my eyes, I quickly thought about the potential obituary, which would had to have had at least a vague and undignified reference to being killed by an ass.

That was a heckuva fight. I thought it would never end, but kept watching 'cause I wanted to see who won. 😅

Re the rooster that killed the man, I agree it was a freak accident, but not necessarily that the victim was in poor health. Seems like the rooster's spur punctured the man's femoral artery, causing him to bleed out in minutes. Yet another reason not to keep an aggressive rooster, including a passive-aggressive one that flogs from behind!

Back
Top Bottom