Oh no!!! Coccidiosis!!!!

Currently there are 2 that are eating like crazy. One remains the same although she's still drinking water with encouragement and she did take 2 bites of food. Then the 4th seems to be going down hill which is weird because that one had the least amount of blood in her stool. She doesn't want to eat or drink right now.

That being said, should I plan to get up every hour or two overnight to make sure these two concerning ones are getting in those meds?

My math? Oh... You mean the chicken math thing. I don't know what that is really.

My math? Oh... You mean the chicken math thing. I don't know what that is really.
No, I meant actual math, like taking a 1/2 teaspoon of Corid powder which happens to have 270mg of amprolium and adding it to 10ml of fluid. Now you have 10 ml of medicated fluid. Each 1 ml of it will have 27mg amprolium and the oral dose for poultry is 20mg/kg. My brain isn't working properly, so I'd be afraid to tell you anymore than that, but if your math skills are good, you can figure out how much of an oral drench to give your sickest chick. Make sense?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom