Oh well that totally and utterly ruined my day... LONG RANT

Quote:
I was taught not to swerve cause it could cost you your life. Plus, I'd rather a hit racoon than my dead chickens or someone elses dead chickens... But if I can avoid it, I won't hit it.

Yea I know, but this guy had forever to stop and he sped up just to hit them is what it looked like to me.

Quote:
I swerve to hit Possums, Coons, Skunks... and if I hit a porcupine (usually I run over them so they are between the wheels but they always raise their heads and get their heads lopped off!!!)

This happens every spring here when the turtles are out crossing the roads. People are just so stupid and run them over. Not only killing the turtles but they could also damage their vehicles in the process.

That is why every spring the kids and I go out and do 'Turtle Rescue'. Every back road along water we keep an eye out for turtles and get them off the road. The kids love it and teaches them to conserve nature and look out for the little guy....

I brake for everything too, even mice!!!!
big_smile.png

There is a 'special' place for people like that guy...... and someday he will make payment for his actions....
somad.gif

This happens every spring here when the turtles are out crossing the roads. People are just so stupid and run them over. Not only killing the turtles but they could also damage their vehicles in the process.

That is why every spring the kids and I go out and do 'Turtle Rescue'. Every back road along water we keep an eye out for turtles and get them off the road. The kids love it and teaches them to conserve nature and look out for the little guy....

I brake for everything too, even mice!!!!

There is a 'special' place for people like that guy...... and someday he will make payment for his actions....

thats cool that you go around and take the turtles off the roads, I feel so bad for them. they seem confused when they are on the road and not near the pond.

I made my mom stop her car in the middle of the road once to pick up a turtle, ended up being a snapping turtle, and it got mud all over me, but I didn't want anyone to hit it. I make sure that we don't hit anything, I would feel horrible if I was in a car that hit something.​

Quote:
That would be a rather fool hardy thing to do.
he had no issues plowing into the flock of turkeys, I do not imagine he would have any qualms smacking you around.
NEVER EVER do anything like that
stupid is as stupid does and by that I mean he is stupid and could easily hurt you.

Yes I know. Im like the little yappy dog that thinks he can beat up the big dog LOL.

Em honey, please be careful and think twice about running someone down. If he was mean enough to do something like that to a helpless animal, he may not have any qualms about hurting you. You are such a caring and compassionate young woman and I would truly hate to see anything happen to you. I know the saying about "if you can't run with the big dogs, get back up on the porch" but sometimes, you just have to know when its in your best interest to stay on the porch...I think PurpleChicken said it best in his post and add to that, what you give out in life comes back to you threefold - whether it is good or bad...

Makes me believe in KARMA. I hope that dude gets what he dishes out!
tongue.gif

That said, I am sorry you had to witness such an awful thing.
hugs.gif

Em you are such a sweet person to hold the little one while it died. I would have been blubbering! I hit a raccoon late one night while crossing over a long stretch of highway, was all by myself out searching in the woods along the side of the highway, crying and in heels no less trying to find the coon. Now what was I gonna do with an injured raccoon and in three inch heels. Yeah just give me my stupid sign
roll.png
We need more people in the world that are like you.

Back
Top Bottom