OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Pics

twincreekfarm

Songster
12 Years
Jul 20, 2007
Vandalia, OH
I live in Vandalia, OH . . .in Montgomery County. We are just north of Dayton. Just wanting to see how many Ohioians are chicken "farmers".
big_smile.png

I have to tell you folks something! Yesterday after I talked with you folks, I went out to feed and was devastated. My whole flock was dead! all except for one hen Mallard!:he:hit Apparently, I didn't latch the top latch and the coons managed to jimmy the bottom latch open. I have to make changes before I get anymore. The one hen is traumatized and runs from me! all the other birds that free range were untouched. I have a 20' x 20' dog kennel for the run, but I always lock them up at night! There had to be more than one coon because they were pulled through the fence and the heads were missing. I set a bucket of dog proof traps when I got home last night. I am done raising wild ducks. when I get more, they will be Rouen's. at this moment I am trying to recover from the loss. The one female was the last of Susie's ducks, it hurts bad because Susie passed away from cancer a year and a half ago. that duck was 11 years old and still laying great. It will take me a while to get over this one. Love you all and talk later.

Back
Top Bottom