Oklahoma wannabe Poultry Wrangler

dalepres

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 11, 2012
Greetings. I have been reading here for many weeks and found the site very informative and interesting. I finally joined today so I could start asking some questions that might get me over the hump to getting my first birds.

I have none right now but I am planning for some soon. I'd like to have about a dozen layers to supply eating eggs with, on occasion, sitting them to get chickens for the freezer. I'd also like to keep about a half-dozen each of ducks and geese to parent new birds used for meat and the occasional specialty egg.

I found BackYardChickens.com by Googling for duck related information.

My wife and I have been married for 39 years. We have 3 grown children and 8 grandkids with number 9 on the way. We live on 2.68 acres where we've raised pigs a couple of times and gardens a few years out of the past 18. We would both like to become more self-sufficient. We are getting more and more afraid of buying anything "fresh" from the grocery store.

We look forward to participating and sharing with the group for a long time.

Thanks,

Deb and Dale

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for all the replies. I have to say that this is one of the most well-mannered and friendly forums I have joined. I'm looking forward to it.

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Australia! Glad to have you join us!

I do also agree that this is one of the best forums I have joined too!

Don't hesitate to ask any questions on the forum, no matter how silly it may be.
tongue.png

Enjoy the site and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom