Old stone fort

oEch0o

Chirping
Feb 5, 2017
I found this product in the store the other day and just wanted some opinions on how good or bad it is. These are the ones I found

I just wanted to try on here because I know I could get honest reviews from real life

I found this product in the store the other day and just wanted some opinions on how good or bad it is. These are the ones I found

Great topic for discussion! These supplements have their place. However, I would argue that if you are feeding your birds a complete feed, then these supplements should not be necessary.

Complete feeds, such as Purina Layena, Start & Grow, or Organic, should contain all of the nutrition the hens or chicks need to stay healthy. If your birds do get sick, then you might want to offer up some of these to help the birds through an illness. Electrolytes are good during an illness, just don’t offer it for an extended period of time. Limit that to about 7 days. During the summer or in times of hot weather, the birds may need a little extra calcium in their diet because they aren’t eating enough feed to get the calcium that they need for shell production. A complete feed from any company should contain the proper amounts of all vitamins to support a healthy hen. If you don’t offer your birds a complete feed, and the hens have to forage for all of their nutrition, then some of these products may be necessary. Although, I think you would be better off supplementing a forage diet with a complete feed product.

For more information about ingredients to look for in a complete layer feed, click here.

I feed them mixed flock and they get let out to forage. I was just wondering if anyone's used this before and what they thought. I feel like my hens could use a little extra calcium but I recently got them some oyster schell and was going to see if I could get them to eat a little of it

Back
Top Bottom