Tha_gurl_ju

Hatching
Feb 15, 2019
Hi! So I got two baby chicks, olive Eggers mixed with a maran. They're about 7days old? One is older and I think it's the black one... The grey/white one is energetic, healthy, eats, drinks, poops, squeaks, etc. But the black one which we got just yesteeday and brought home doesn't seem All that good... She sleeps a lot, is most of the time laying down, she chirps a little when the other one does, but I don't think she goes to drink and eat by herself as much as she should ... Yesterday I think she overheated by staying on the heat pad where the other countries uncovered it... We cooled her down, and she was all good and energetic after, but today she seems "mushy", sickly, tired?

Attachments

• 20190214_165215.jpg
    20190214_165215.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 27
Where did you get her? Give her some Nutri-drench or other electrolytes (Gatorade works!) and some scrambled egg. Make sure she is drinking! Please keep us posted!

At the barn we're boarding our horses at. They hatched 19chicken and we brought home 2 . The first one wasnt eating and drinking just laying and not moving, panting, so we took her home to save her since she would most likely die and she's the most energetic and happy chick ever! But since she was lonely and bringing her back would probably cause her more problems we brought another chick home that seemed "immature"/in need of tlc. So yeah.... Gatorade? Which one? Thank you a lot!

She seems a little better this morning, she walked around with her friend, followed her to the feed bowl and ate, she took one sip of water and then followed the other one some more. She's standing more now but I'm still unsure...

I give my chicks finely mashed hard boiled eggs with a little corn meal mixed in, you can wet it as well for some hydration. This was a tip I got when I had gotten hatchery chicks that were not energetic and had pasty butt. I give it to all chicks now....even broody hatches!

Back
Top Bottom