OMG- chickens attacking buff

rockymountain

Songster
7 Years
Jun 14, 2016
My light buff, was in chicken jail for three days. I let her out today, and immediately two chickens went after her very scary, like watching two male chickens attacking. She escaped and I scooped her up and she was breathing very heavy. No blood involved but very scary. I never seen it this bad. The chicken that is the head totally ignored this and was actually taking a dust bath. Since she was small as a baby always got picked on but she grew to a decent size. The chicken jail was in the run they saw her the whole time. I did wait and watch again as I put treats down and the buff actually went after one of my chickens and the other chicken joined in and attacked as well. So not sure who is instigating but totally freaking me out.

It's all about the pecking order. After being removed from the flock, birds have to regain their status.
I hope I don't find a dead chicken tomorrow. Very scary never seen them fight like this extreme before. I wasn't sure if I should lock her up again, as she was broody. I have a video not sure how to upload yet. I Have been checking on them hourly and she is roosting in the closer run staying away from them.

Back
Top Bottom