On Bumping Your Own Posts...within Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitka

Songster
10 Years
Jul 7, 2009
Seattle, Washington
I have noticed several times in the last few days that some people will post a thread and then if they do not get a response within a few minutes (literally) will post again saying, "Hello" or "Anyone?" etc.

I certainly understand that it's hard to be patient, but please wait for responses. Bumping posts is against the rules, and I'm not sure it gets you more responses anyway.

Don't mean to rant, just something I've noticed.

Last edited:
Agree, or you could search. A lot of the topics honestly that are bumped get answered 3-4 times a day.. Maybe more, could be less depending on the activity of the forum that day.

sorry but i disagree! i rather them bump, than double post! Sure, post it in 3 sections
he.gif
that drives me bonkers~

A shameless bump never hurt anyone!

Quote:
Missing the point lol, bumping after a few hours.. Alright.. But bumping while it is still on the recent pages only 2 minutes later was what they mean.

Quote:
Missing the point lol, bumping after a few hours.. Alright.. But bumping while it is still on the recent pages only 2 minutes later was what they mean.

it is usually newbies who do it! they don't understand that the posts shuffle down and aren't always on the 1st page. But i rather them bump and be impaitent then post it in 3 different topic threads. Not saying it's right, got my point
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:

it is usually newbies who do it! they don't understand that the posts shuffle down and aren't always on the 1st page. But i rather them bump and be impaitent then post it in 3 different topic threads. Not saying it's right, got my point
wink.png

I understand you're point as well, just saying
smile.png

Quote:
wink.png

I understand you're point as well, just saying
smile.png

hugs.gif
and i am just saying
hugs.gif

Another thing that I have noticed is that in the ER section especially or the Predators section that people will express their sympathies, which is fine to a point. Some that come here are short on time and look for posts with little or no responses to so they can help. A post could have 10 or more replies but none that offer help and then get passed over by someone that could help because it looks like they are getting help.

Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom