On my way to Wolf swap meet.

I agree I didn't like it either. My husband said what is wrong with you, you only bought 6 turkey eggs. I said I wasn't impressed. Didn't see anything I just had to have. What is up. I should have bought more at Topeka. Today was a waste.

You guys weren't looking very well. There was a lot of nice stuff there. We came home with an excellent pair of black breasted red Pheonix, a very large light Brahma cock and some very nice Indian Fantail pigeons. We also found some herucha, lavendar and a really nicely started curly "corkscrew" willow tree. As a rule a lot of the people I saw there weren't handling the birds, they were simply looking at the cages and not looking at how they were for type and conformation. There were a lot of top quality Old English Bantams some decent D'Uccles but they were in rough feather, but many of them showed excellent potential, they were just missing feathers. I saw one superb pair of Toulouse geese, and they were very reasonably priced considering their age and size. We also ended up coming home with 10 Saxony ducklings to rebuild our Saxony breeding pens. There was a really nice pen of white Japs and some high quality white D'Uccles. If you didn't get the birds out and actually look at them, you couldn't tell what was what.
Did you see the foxes or the baby raccoons or the parrolettes? You can find almost anything at that swap.
K&S

Yes saw the foxes and raccoons. I did see a lot , but I guess, I just wasn't in the mood. Maybe next time. I was so looking forward to this.

i agree there was not as much there as there was last year but i came home with a few nice thigs...i got 3 bantum RIRs, 2 black east indies, a RIR rooster, 2 chocolate call ducks, and a runner duck...

but i was also selling some stuff and i sold it all... what i sold was 4 pekin drakes and 2 mixed breed ducklings, 8 BR (2 month old chicks), 1 laying hen and 9 ducklings...and my selling station was the row over from the foxes...we had a big red truck...curious if anyone saw my birds...i was also with my friend who was selling some rabbits

i found everything i wanted but some geese...i really wanted a few nice females but the only ones i saw were goslings (i couldnt risk getting boys so ididnt get any) and some adults but i couldnt tell if they were male or female

Is this swap meet in Indiana? Where at? Was it a one day affair? If so, when and where will it be next year? I'd love to go to it and see all the animals and what is available. Please, someone let me know. I am new to attending the swaps and auctions. If there are any upcoming ones in Central Indiana, let me know! Thanks!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom