One hatched!

Akihimeko

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2022
IMG_20220706_144343.jpg

My husband called me at work saying one has hatched! How long should I keep em in the incubator it's very lively. And when can I start feeding them?

Congratulations!! :woot
Keep him in there till he’s pretty fluffed up. He looks almost ready. Maybe another hour or two. Is your brooder set up?
Start feeding them right away, but don’t fret if they don’t eat at first. They just absorbed the yolk and that’s giving them the nutrients they need for now. He’s adorable, good luck!

Congratulations!! :woot
Keep him in there till he’s pretty fluffed up. He looks almost ready. Maybe another hour or two. Is your brooder set up?
Start feeding them right away, but don’t fret if they don’t eat at first. They just absorbed the yolk and that’s giving them the nutrients they need for now. He’s adorable, good luck!
Sure do have one ready, I hoping the other hatches tomorrow so it's not by itself too long. Definitely got some strong lungs way louder than my other chicks. Also so thick legs.

I would wait until you have two or you will never hear the end of it. They can stay in the bator without food and water for up to 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom