One (ish) year old Indian Runners not laying eggs

hiya again
mealworms are a nice treat!
the general rule for best health is only 10% of their daily diet comes from treats
the other 90% a good waterfowl feed like Mazuri or a duck feed or an all flock feed.
and avoid crumbles, pellets are better for ducks
Thank you! We use a goose/duck pellet feed, I sadly can’t remember the brand but it’s just what our local feed store has.

You need to let them out of the duck house. But still keep them penned. If they are in the duck house AND you have cold muggy days they are likely not getting enough light. To lay eggs poultry (including waterfowl) need a certain amount of light in terms of hours, per day. If its too shady, they won't lay.

So let them out as soon as the sun starts coming up. (But I'd still keep them penned.)

You can also look at food diversity for more nutrients if this doesn't work.

If you are interested, I could make a video for you on this. Let me know if you want that. Many of us have had this same problem before and solved it.

Hey everyone just wanted to give an update. Since we’ve implemented the changes to feed and added in some extra light to the hen house , I’m SO happy to say that the eggs are arriving in full force! They started to increase after a few days and now for the last two days we’ve gotten ELEVEN a day! It’s so exciting! We’ve also been trying to spend more time around the ducks and be very intentional with how we give treats to them, making sure we stay around while they nibble and they’ve started to actually come toward us when we go down to the duck house rather than running for their lives!

Thank you all SO MUCH for all the advice!

Hey everyone just wanted to give an update. Since we’ve implemented the changes to feed and added in some extra light to the hen house , I’m SO happy to say that the eggs are arriving in full force! They started to increase after a few days and now for the last two days we’ve gotten ELEVEN a day! It’s so exciting! We’ve also been trying to spend more time around the ducks and be very intentional with how we give treats to them, making sure we stay around while they nibble and they’ve started to actually come toward us when we go down to the duck house rather than running for their lives!

Thank you all SO MUCH for all the advice!
That’s so amazing! I’m so happy for you and your ducks :hugs

That’s so amazing! I’m so happy for you and your ducks :hugs
I agree. It also feels so fulfilling when you finally get things to work, and your skill improves, and to feel like you are making it.

To poster; don't worry if something else comes up you can talk to us any time.

Back
Top Bottom