Ongoing Respiratory Problems

Hi to you!
So it is not an ammonia billed up after all!
The antibiotic treatment that you gave your chicken, could disrupt the microflora
Equilibrium between probiotics bacteria and yeasts In her gut and crop,causing yeast infection. You need to give her probiotics or fermented (lactic fermentation!) feed.

Hay is not the most recommended choice! You should use pine shavings, the pine tree is fool with oils, and terpenes that are very good anti bacterial,fungal,and parasites materials, they diminish the chance of disease.

Hi to you!
So it is not an ammonia billed up after all!
The antibiotic treatment that you gave your chicken, could disrupt the microflora
Equilibrium between probiotics bacteria and yeasts In her gut and crop,causing yeast infection. You need to give her probiotics or fermented (lactic fermentation!) feed.

Oh yes I used to give my chicken probiotic yoghurt when they had been on antibiotics, but I had totally forgot about it this time around! (probably because I haven't been on the forum in over a year). I will pick some up tomorrow, thank you :)

Hay is not the most recommended choice! You should use pine shavings, the pine tree is fool with oils, and terpenes that are very good anti bacterial,fungal,and parasites materials, they diminish the chance of disease.

are pine needles safe for chickens?

The pine needles come from forests and grove were you can find wild birds, mammals, reptiles and outer critters. Those organisms can be carriers of very nasty pathogens ( harmful parasites) that you surly don't want to introduce to your chickens! You can find pine shavings in lumber meal or carpenters work shop, they are good as long as the wood is not chemically treated against fungi and fire. The best are the shavings manufactured for pet rodent.

The pine needles come from forests and grove were you can find wild birds, mammals, reptiles and outer critters. Those organisms can be carriers of very nasty pathogens ( harmful parasites) that you surly don't want to introduce to your chickens! You can find pine shavings in lumber meal or carpenters work shop, they are good as long as the wood is not chemically treated against fungi and fire. The best are the shavings manufactured for pet rodent.

thank you

Back
Top Bottom