Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today we went shopping for kitchen curtains , and found not much of anything. So we found some shams in the right colors, and i am ripping them apart and making them into curtains. I was looking for some clothes, but i didn't find much i liked. Managed to find a night gown and some socks. Such a fashion plate:gig Got most of the ceiling painted, just need to sand that one seam and paint that area. Then i will finish painting the walls.
So the idiot that is supposed to take care of the goats thought the other person was watering them, so they were out of water when she checked them today. What part of you are taking care of the goats and she is taking care of the chickens and dogs does he not get???
roll.png
Good thing i left all the troughs really full went i took off. It's hard to get good help.
caf.gif

Good grief, hope the goats are okay.

The last time we took a vacation. I had a 4 page instruction manual. All went okay with the acception of her not getting the latch on puppy crate firmly in place. Puppy wrecked my office, chewed through the phone line, computer cords, several books, papers every where. The bad thing is she just left it with a note saying the puppy got out somehow and was out all night. Have not used her again.

Deb

It sounds like this is a working vacation. Cleaning houses, painting walls, sewing curtains, when are you going to have some relax time?

We always do something when we visit our folks. One time we pulled out a stump with the rental truck and planted a flower bed. But I am reading a lot and sleeping in every day. No critters to feed, and it is beautiful cool weather here. This morning I painted the rest of the ceiling and the walls in the kitchen. Daryl put up the new light in the kitchen, looks great. I have one pair of curtains almost finished. Oh, we have been feasting, I am going to have to go on a diet when we get home. It is MIL's B'day today, had a get together and she cooked a ham and a turkey. She makes all my favorite desserts. It was nice to see everyone again. We are heading back Thursday to Florida I think.

Today we visited Peggy's Cove. It was kind of nostalgic since we went on our first date there, in 1974. We were climbing around on the rocks, and i was going down a steep bit and my knee buckled and i hit the ground and rolled. It's awful being a fat old grandma. At least my capri jeans covered my knee so it was not ripped up as bad as it might have been. A bystander gave me 9 out of 10 on my dive.
lau.gif

I am having chicken withdrawal, have not seen a chicken since i left TN, except as sweet and sour .... I miss my girls. Hope to go shopping again soon.
woot.gif

Hey hot,I'm glad you are having some fun! Like you, i like working va-k's the ones that you set around and some say relax, i say do nothing, drives me nuts. I had my first date with my wife around 1974 and i'm not old, so your not old right? Sorry about your fall,but i'm glad you scored a 9.At the big chicken sale the guy only brought some chickens, it was raining hard the night before,but i did get some more brown leghorns--large and bantams --and some standard black sumatra .I have had the bantam sumatra before, not looking back i'm not sure why i bought them. He is going to bring more over the next few weeks so i guess i'll be doing some buying and selling in the further.

It's funny how your concept of old changes as you age:lol: Yeah, sitting around doing nothing has little appeal. I am itching to get going back at home again to get the pens done to finish separating the silkies. I have read three books already and will be looking for more. It's better than sitting around at the airport staring off into space. I need books to travel with. I want to shop a lot more, but DH is like an anchor if i take him, i don't end up getting what i want. MIL and I will probably go again. Want to get some stuff for the person taking care of my chickens.

I have a question. Are easter eggers considered pure for this swap? I have wheaten and blue wheaten easter eggers. They were sold to me as blue wheaten and wheaten ameracaunas but I am fairly certain that they are easter eggers. They look right for ameracaunas but they have yellow feet not white. They have been separated for a week now.

This is the rooster this spring he is fuller now and his beard is more pronounced.

53f3a990.jpg

His feet:

c8d31131.jpg

I don't have any picures of the pullets.

Easter eggers are not purebreds, so you can offer them as an option, but you must offer some purebred eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom