Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am certifiably nuts now. I have three more incubators coming to use for hatchers! The cabinet I am using is very hard to get humidity up where I want it. So I really need two styrofoam and a Brinsea, right?:-D
DS and his GF are visiting, we went to Olive Garden for supper, it was very good. I have been laying around tonight, hoping to rest my back. I will be glad when I get the herd cut down. Trimmed Bunny's feet after I milked her last night. She was being difficult. Today I put a collar on her so it went a little better. The weather is absurdly warm, 82 degrees today and sunny. I fear that we are in for a scorching hot summer.

I agree your nuts! Now me i only have one 300 egg incubator and it's full.Every box that can hold chicks--is full of chicks--- I'm OK your OK.

Coach, I love your farm equipment! I have two GQF bators, another set of parts for one, three styrofoam ones and I want more!:-D I actually have empty brooders in the barn! Of course, I filled three trays of 48 to set tomorrow :)
Slim is not liking being down to two bottles a day. Hopefully he goes to his new home soon so I don't have to listen to him yelling. Tomorrow he only gets one bottle, he will hate that.
We may go to the zoo in Memphis tomorrow , will see if that is what DS wants to do.

Weather in the 80's, hard to believe it this time of year . MIL says they are getting snow in NS. Glad I don't live there any more. Not much energy lately, so we have been watching movies. Tomorrow off to the zoo, have to get up early:p

Last night ,storms and lots of rain.Today lots of dark clouds, so i made a run to the feed store and wal mart. So as soon as i get the feed it started to rain.Well me and the feed got very wet.Tonight my smart wife posted my new hamp eggs up for sale on BYC. It was up 1 1/2 hours and i got a bid.I but them on ebay and hit -miss selling them. The rooster is huge and a big pet.I have a back rooster that is not as big but real nice looking.

we did end up going to the zoo today. They even had chickens! Seramas, that were alot bigger than I expected, silkies, bantam buff brahmas, and buff orpingtons. There were Ostrich eggs laying on the ground in their enclosure , I was dying to get my hands on those:-D I enjoyed seeing the penguins especially. A very nice set up they have there.
So now I found out the meet up / swap at tractor supply is this weekend and so is the auction. Curses. I have a lot of chickens to sell but can't be in two places at once.

we did end up going to the zoo today. They even had chickens! Seramas, that were alot bigger than I expected, silkies, bantam buff brahmas, and buff orpingtons. There were Ostrich eggs laying on the ground in their enclosure , I was dying to get my hands on those:-D I enjoyed seeing the penguins especially. A very nice set up they have there.
So now I found out the meet up / swap at tractor supply is this weekend and so is the auction. Curses. I have a lot of chickens to sell but can't be in two places at once.

Sorry you will have to miss the auction or the swap. I have a few birds I need to dump. Will sort and band. Probably put them on CL first, the least work.

Attended a BLue Seal seminar at a local lumber company. This lumber yard started selling grain when we lost 2 feed stores. THey have stores in both towns so can fill the gap. THe BLue Seal feeds rep gave a lively seminar introducing new people to chickens, and pigs. TOmorrow she is offering an advanced class. THought I would sit in on this as the focus will be nutrition. SHe only knows a moderate to little about chickens. After all my time on BYC, I knew how to tell if a hen was laying ( look at the vent). SHe was very tolerant of the questions from the kids, kudos to her for making the kids feel valued.

Moved the marans rooster outside to enjoy the warm weather. He is limping and doesn't seem to be improving. THe other boys stopped by to visit and entice him into a few stand offs. COmical. Sweet boy. I like all my marans boys. THey run the place, yet I can easily pick them up with little fuss. Nice bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom