Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why your rooster is limping. Did you check him for bumblefoot? I have a Corpnation Sussex pullet that was limping when I had her on wire, but now that she is on dirt she is improving.
Hey Coach, I need a tractor, is that one with the wagon for sale?:-D

Yes the tractor is for sale,but it's like me.Old and expensive.
tongue.png

I wonder why your rooster is limping. Did you check him for bumblefoot? I have a Corpnation Sussex pullet that was limping when I had her on wire, but now that she is on dirt she is improving.
Hey Coach, I need a tractor, is that one with the wagon for sale?:-D

I have looked at his feet and don't see any thing unusual. What does bumble foot look like? He has been caged for about 3 weeks now, if it was bumble foot would the symptoms have abated by now??

I don't have experience myself, but I read there is a core if you look on the bottom of the foot, and it needs surgery. Try doing a search, I am sure there are lots of posts on the subject. Good luck:)

well Coach, it's only money. Can't be more than a real tractor, right?
Today I went shopping with my neighbor and DS's GF. We had a lot of fun, and I resisted buying NH chicks at tractor supply. Bought some pieces to make three compartment cages out of, so I can sell pairs of chickens at the sale Saturday. Even though it was raining I got goat feed and DS unloaded the truck. Too bad they are going home tomorrow . Hoping for decent weather for a few days. My friend down the road picked up Slim today and Patrick is going to stay there for a while. One less to feed.

Went and got more feed today. This is getting ridiculous ! I have the truck half full of cages with chickens in them. I am so tired , yet I must go out and check the chickens in the barn. I decided to sell my small flock of Buckeyes. So they are now in a cage. DH is complaining about the state of the kitchen. I just want to crawl in the tub.:p I am hoping that this will be the sale where the prices spike.

when DH complains about the state of the kitchen and YOU are out building coops and fixing repairs in the barn and the fences....please take no offense when I say tell him to FIX it!

He already cooks supper and washes clothes, and loads the dishwasher, plus works full time. So I generally wash pots and countertops, fold and iron. But I hate all that so I tend to avoid it if possible:-D

gig.gif
I'd rather clean a barn than the kitchen anyday! ANd ironing? Only when DH has an important meeting or it's a wedding!

Deb, Buckeyes are a breed I"m interested in. How is the breast meat compared to others like a RIR or other hatchery layer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom