Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a lady drive from Huntsville AL to Nashville TN to get 4 Black Copper Marans chick....
hu.gif
She wanted day olds... she wanted to pick them up on hatch day... I told her to wait a day to make sure they were healthy. Odd I thought.... nobody in AL has Marans?

I too am think of thinning my breeds down. I have my whole RIR Flock up for sale on CL...may get rid of my Black AM roo too. I have done a pretty good job selling chicks. I just need to sell more
hide.gif
at least I have plenty to buy feed next week. That is all I ask of my chickens... buy your feed and other needs. That way I can keep you
wink.png
a little extra for mama would be good too.

These chickens are vicious things... my granddaughter and my son found HER pullet eviscerated. She is a real chicken girl though... "it is all right Mimi, I will pick out another one"

Last edited:
Today I slept in, but we went to the flea market in Crump. They didn't have as many chickens as I expected. It was hot today, in the 80s! I have to wonder how hot summer is going to be. We didn't buy much, but did enjoy looking around. I love looking at old stuff. One guy was trying to sell tomato plants for $5. each! Good grief.
Wish I had some energy. I laid down this afternoon because I had a headache and my back was hurting. Still waiting for a day I feel good all day. At least I changed out some of the heat lamp bulbs for regular light bulbs. No need for all that heat.
I have a ton of chicks and my ducks are doing well. Had to clean brooders today, phew they get dirty fast! Must sell some soon!

Today I slept in, but we went to the flea market in Crump. They didn't have as many chickens as I expected. It was hot today, in the 80s! I have to wonder how hot summer is going to be. We didn't buy much, but did enjoy looking around. I love looking at old stuff. One guy was trying to sell tomato plants for $5. each! Good grief.
Wish I had some energy. I laid down this afternoon because I had a headache and my back was hurting. Still waiting for a day I feel good all day. At least I changed out some of the heat lamp bulbs for regular light bulbs. No need for all that heat.
I have a ton of chicks and my ducks are doing well. Had to clean brooders today, phew they get dirty fast! Must sell some soon!

We must be twins
hide.gif
you sound just like me. Someone was giving tomato plants way today on CL. My dad grew me some without asking.... I don't know if I want a garden this year. Like you said the summer is looking BAD!

Only 80? ;) We've been in the mid 90s the past 2-3 weeks. Its extra humid, I almost want to where long sleeves and pants just to keep some of the skeeters off. I swear they are bad enough to carry off a small child. Can't wait til summer, 100-110* during the day, 70 at night, plus the humidity. I do like to sit on the proch at night and watch the heat thunder, we are already getting some now. I could brood eggs outside without a broody :lol: , hmmmmmm, wonder if I could,…… maybe at least during the day ;)

THe summer has me worried too. I watered my lawn in March. Never done that before. I saw one of my boys poking around in the guarden area yesterday. Would love to think he was getting the garden ready--naught!

DH woke me this morning to help milk the ewe. She finally lambed-1 big lamb all on her own. THis should be the last to lamb; the other 2 don't look pregnant.

I have had people asking for hens like RIR at POL age and marans.

I want three more breeding pens, actually 6 more, Mostly to sort out the hens and roosters that now run together free ranging. I do enjoy seeing all the different breeds out free ranging. A pretty picture.

Does anyone have Speckled eggs? One of my Malay hens lays an orangey tan egg with light brown flecks on it. I want some very speckled eggs, any color or breed/mix, they will be for egg color.
I want chicken eggs, I do not have room for quail or turkeys right now.

Does anyone have Speckled eggs? One of my Malay hens lays an orangey tan egg with light brown flecks on it. I want some very speckled eggs, any color or breed/mix, they will be for egg color.
I want chicken eggs, I do not have room for quail or turkeys right now.

I have welsummer eggs that have lots of speckels and spots.

Today I had two guys show up and buy two dozen hatching eggs. Then a lady came and bought several young chickens. Now if i just sell 100 more, it might make a dent... I managed to get outside and build a bantam duplex today. Got the frame done and the wire on the bottom. Built the frames for the doors as well.
My neighbor called as I was getting ready to get into the tub this morning, her dog had been bitten by a snake. However, she could not get into the shed to see what kind it was so she just had me drive them to the vet. The vet shaved the area, then decided to keep the dog for observation. You could clearly see the puncture marks, and it was bleeding. Hope he will be OK.
I am pretty much drowning in eggs, guess I will have to try Ebay again. I just have chicks everywhere, incubator full and the girls are laying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom