Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Brinsea incubator today! Need to go plug it in:-D Sold a bucking today , so one less to feed. Tomorrow is the poultry auction at Scotts Hill so I need to get up early. I did catch a bunch of chickens already and caged them up to sell. One of the doelings got jammed between two trees today and I had to pry her out. Now she can't walk right , don't know if another goat butted her while stuck or what. Considering giving her steroid shot to try to help her recover. The people that bought the goat wanted Buff Orps, so I got together all the youngsters I could find. Looks like 5 cockerels and a pullet:pSo they decided to wait. Go figure.

The Brinsea is now full of turkey eggs and emerald green pheasant eggs.:-D Bought pheasant eggs and call duck eggs at the sale. Sold a dozen lf cochin eggs, and all the chickens I took to the sale. Got more than enough to feed chickens for a week, so that is good. Also sold 6 dozen eating eggs from the house , and some young chickens to two different people. By the time I got home from the sale I was so tired I needed a nap. This getting older is rough on a person.

I forgot to tell you all about the miracle that happened at the sale yesterday. I didn't buy a single chicken!!! :-D

wee.gif
ep.gif
celebrate.gif

Nice going Deb

I went to the sale one time and didn't buy any chickens, I bought guineas ;) :lol:

So you didn't buy anything, or did you just not buy any chickens? :p
All I bought was emerald green pheasant eggs and call duck eggs. No ducks, rabbits, pigs, chickens or turkeys. And I still have not unloaded the cages out of the truck. I actually rested today because my back was bothering me.

I forgot to tell you all about the miracle that happened at the sale yesterday. I didn't buy a single chicken!!! :-D

Well I bought enough for the both of us.. I came home with lets see... a BEAUTIFUL pair of Silver Laced Wyndottes.. I missed out on a rooster about 6 months ago and had been kicking myself ever since.. so when this pair came up.. and I know the seller well.. I jumped.. now I have a trio (possibly quad..gotta check the free range flock)
other purchases were two Cuckoo Maran hens, 8 barred rock hens in a big cage I am going to use as a chick brooder box (Let's face it.. bid on the brooder box..then hens were just a bonus..LOL) , one lone muscovey duck (I can never resist the onesies) and two Easter Egger hens. ooh and also bought 4 dozen eggs to finish filling the 90 egg space in the incubator..
celebrate.gif

I did sell three hens and 20 chicks.. so that was something.

Finally feeling back up to speed since my illness... and getting caught up with everything slowly. Garden beds are getting natural fertilizer (rabbit/chicken poo) added and then planting tonight when it cools off. My Coronation broody is at it again.. going to add a few other eggs to her nest this afternoon.. makes three times since January.. she hatches, raises them a few weeks.. lays about 12 more eggs and is broody again.. Lordy. Another broody is sitting on bad eggs I guess.. going to try to trick her tonight with some newly hatched chicks.. we will see how that goes. I have two other sitting strong.

19 more school days.. and counting.

Shelly

Today I got my goose eggs.One was cracked but the rest look good. DH thinks dragons would sell well if I can get hatching eggs for those:-D Worked in the garden today, planted onions, watermelon, okra , sugar beets, pole beans and beets. The weeds are growing great.

Today I got my goose eggs.One was cracked but the rest look good. DH thinks dragons would sell well if I can get hatching eggs for those:-D Worked in the garden today, planted onions, watermelon, okra , sugar beets, pole beans and beets. The weeds are growing great.

I laughed out loud when I read this and had to tell hubby about the dragon eggs. He asked to be put on your waiting list. He says if I can have guineas, he can have dragons :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom