Only one of the three eggs has veins. Should I add some more?

Smartie_Pants

Songster
11 Years
Oct 5, 2008
Madisonville, KY
I have a silkie setting on one of her eggs and two EE eggs. This is day 5, not counting the day they were set, and I candled because I couldn't stand the anticipation anymore. Only the silkie egg had veins. The others were clear. Should I go ahead and add a few more eggs or wait until day seven? I don't want there to be only one chick, it will be lonely. After her egg hatches, will she set the extra 5 days to hatch the rest? Or will I need to finish in an incubator?

Are you sure? There was nothing at all in them, just the yolk. The silkie egg on the other hand was full of veins. I don't really care to wait, I just don't want there to be a lonely chick and I don't want to add more later and have her abandon them for the early chick at the very end.

I'd stick a few under her just in case.... you could always get rid of the extra chicks or even crack the eggs in a few days if you don't want that many. If it is one chick, you don't want them to be too far apart.

Now I'm not sure what to do. I think I'll stick just ONE egg under her. That way, if those two do end up hatching I'll have four chicks, and that a resonable amount for me. Now to decide which breed!

big_smile.png
1 more never hurts.

Back
Top Bottom