Only one possible chick!

finlay225

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2016
Hi all. I have just joined byc! Been reading lots of threads and getting some useful information. I'm incubating brown leghorn eggs at the moment. I bought a second hand rcom mini and put 5 eggs in it to turn them myself. Maybe should have just put 3 in on the automatic turner, as only one egg has made it to day 18!! So fingers crossed this will hatch. After starting this incubation, I purchased a brinsea mini eco. So put 9 eggs in this a few days ago, so if hopefully my one egg hatches it might have some frinds in a couple of weeks! I have 10 hens and 3 ducks. But this is my first time incubating eggs, and finding it quite stressful! Just wanted to say hi to you all, and might speak to you soon.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi, sorry I got my dates wrong the other day, and my single egg in the incubator is on day 18 today. I just have a quick question!! :) Which might be a silly idea!! But, one of my hens is broody at the moment. Would it be possible to put the egg under her to hatch? Just an idea. Would have to bring the hen into the house and make a nest up in an indoor cage. Or would it be best to leave it in the incubator, and my other eggs should hopefully hatch in a good couple of weeks. Any thoughts would be great. Not sure if I should have started a new thread :) many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom