Oops bought emu hatching eggs

Pics
So while at work today one of my bulbs in the incubator blew. Temperature got down to 87 but not sure how long it was that low. Currently rising and is at 93 atm.
Eep! Terrible! But hopefully it’ll be ok! I’ve had chicken & quail hatches that went through power/incubator outages that didn’t seem to be effected in the least.

Fingers crossed. I was really worried because all the eggs were cold
That is a sinking feeling. One time my incubator was unplugged for at least 7 hours before I noticed. All the eggs were cold. Room temp which was pretty chilly, maybe 60 degrees. They were eggs I was hatching for a customer and I felt pretty sick over that but they were absolutely fine.

:lol: I’ve never hatched anything as exciting as an emu so would probably want days off work to make sure I didn’t miss it!

Do they generally get out ok on their own without assistance?

:lol: I’ve never hatched anything as exciting as an emu so would probably want days off work to make sure I didn’t miss it!

Do they generally get out ok on their own without assistance?
Unfortunately I can't take the whole week off like I wanted. I work tomorrow for 8hrs and then Friday for 3hrs but also have a vet appointment right after work. So I'll be running home grab the dogs and hit the road. And then Saturday I'll be gone most of the day because I'm going with a Friend to a chicken show.

Idk first time for me. But I'd say it's risky to help going in blind. Cause breaking the shell was hard.

Back
Top Bottom