Oops bought emu hatching eggs

Pics
To be quite honest I think I would with an emu. I think incubating different species for the first time is a worry all round with all the unknowns :hmm
I talked to C tonight. (I usually talk to the eggs between whistling, it even wiggles when I talk now) They are gonna wait until Thursday to hatch so I can be home 🤣

I know I would be better off not around because of temptation to get involved in the hatch when really I know hands off is usually best.
I've assisted a few chicken eggs over the years. But only after a certain amount of time or if they were shrink wrapped. I've had a few that had to be culled and it's just so sad

I've assisted a few chicken eggs over the years. But only after a certain amount of time or if they were shrink wrapped. I've had a few that had to be culled and it's just so sad
I’ve had some that I definitely saved by helping. But I have hatched a LOT of chickens so I’ve observed the process enough to have a sense when there’s some way I can actually be helpful. If I were hatching something like an emu though… having never seen it to know what’s normal I’d have to spend the whole time sitting on my hands trying not to intervene.

That is SO adorable the egg wiggles when you talk. Just so unbelievably sweet😍🥰

I’ve had some that I definitely saved by helping. But I have hatched a LOT of chickens so I’ve observed the process enough to have a sense when there’s some way I can actually be helpful. If I were hatching something like an emu though… having never seen it to know what’s normal I’d have to spend the whole time sitting on my hands trying not to intervene.

That is SO adorable the egg wiggles when you talk. Just so unbelievably sweet😍🥰
I'd probably spend the whole time looking stuff up to see the acceptable times for hatching.

I know, this baby is already much loved. I'm hoping it'll make it super friendly

Back
Top Bottom