Order has been Shipped!! OMG! They Are Here ( with PICS!)...

Awww, how adorable!
love.gif

I got a call from Ideal this week also. My chicks were supposed to ship out this coming Wednesday but they will be shipping out on Monday instead. I can't wait, either!!

They are adorable! =-)

I'm wondering though, why everyone that ordered from Ideal are getting hitchhiker chicks and I didn't get any? I ordered 15 pullets and actually only got 12. All survived thus far and seem to be doing good. They only charged me for the 12 but it's just making me wonder....

I like surprises....
sad.png

Quote:
There
I am not sure why they did not send any packing peanuts. It also may possibly have something to do with how close / far you live to the hatchery? It is hard to say.

Normally, the hatchery takes extra cockerels and adds them into the order bring the number up to 25. This is the minimum number needed for the little tykes to maintain their body heat especially when its cold outside during shipping. As we know the chicks cannot regulate their body temp at first and that is why we have to put heat lamps on them for a few weeks. There are always plenty of left over peanuts to put in as packing
smile.png

Nice brooder Catdaddy66 enjoy those chicks!

Wow, I ordered 32 chicks from Ideal----I do NOT want any extras. Your 25 look like so many! I am not expecting mine until April, and am using a big stocl tank for their brooder-------can't wait. Very cute pics.!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom