Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Quote:
th.gif
OMG! People like that should just be hermits.
smack.gif

Ok, doing an update for myself so I don't forget what I am doing lol.

I made the decision last night...and came to the realization that I am not Super Woman, lol so I will not be making the 60+ cheesecakes like I did for the spring swap. Some things had to go in order for me to my focus back on quality instead of quantity. I will be filling all preorders and taking preorders now till Sunday night - October 16th - but I will not be making a lot of extras to bring and sell so if you are thinking about getting one, preorder is your best bet. I have, however, decided to open up preorders to sampler platters. You can choose up to 4 different cheesecakes. The price will be the same - $15 but you will need to order these no later than October 8th. I need time to make sure I get all the cheesecakes made. Tam'ra, please let me know what cheesecakes you'd like.

ZooMummzy
Bringing
-Serama Hatching Eggs - $3 per egg - smooth, silkied, silkied frizzled, frizzled **it is first come, first serve on these as I cannot predict how many I will be able to bring
-Serama pairs - 4 week old to 14 week olds (nearly POL). Available birds will be in the for sale section of my website www.castledelightseramas.com You can prearrange birds to be held for pick up that day. I will not have any extra pullets for sale but I may have extra roos (lol of course). If you buy a roo, and want a girl to go with him, you will be first in line for the next pullet I hatch in November.
-Serama calendars, note cards
-Cheesecakes: Preorder prices for 10in baked, wrapped, frozen cheesecakes are $15 (cheesecakes purchased the day of the swap will be $20). The cut off date for preorders is October 1st. If you don't see what you like on the lists below, just let me know what you would like and I'll make it. I have recipes for just about every type of cheesecake.

Available for Preorder:
On the plain side:
Blue Ribbon (plain) w/graham cracker crust
Vanilla Bean w/graham cracker crust
Dutch Vanilla (vanilla schnapps) w/graham cracker crust

Chocolate:
Brownie w/brownie crust
Chocolate Chip w/chocolate graham cracker crust (NY Style)
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut w/graham cracker crust (NY Style)
Chocolate Orange w/chocolate graham cracker crust
Chocolate Mint w/chocolate graham cracker crust
Rocky Road w/chocolate graham cracker crust
Buckeye w/peanut butter cookie crust

Citrus:
Sunshine w/graham cracker crust **please indicate lemon, orange or mango**
Limoncello or Orangecello w/biscotti crust

Berry:
Triple Berry w/graham cracker crust
Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries or Peaches and cream w/graham cracker crust

Autumn Flavors:
Pumpkin Marble w/ginger snap crust
Caramel Apple w/graham cracker crust
Autumn Festival w/graham cracker crust
Cranberry Orange w/graham cracker crust
Maple Pecan w/graham cracker crust

Wanting
-Herb and veggie starts for chicken gardens from Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex **this is instead of the avocado trees, my daughter no longer wants them for her new place**
-vanilla from Alexis
-jams butterscotch peach and boysenberry-rhubarb and cinnamon boysenberry-rhubarb jams, pot holders and biscuit warmer from CathyM
-homemade nutella - 2 smooth and 2 chunky, pestos, pasta,white truffle oil, dried morel, American Beautyberrys and Viking Aronia berry bushes, organic pear butters/jam, chutneys, dried pears, spiced honey and bourbon pears from Ayeupchuck (some of this in trade for the games I'm bringing you big_smile )
-honey - cream and regular, Raspberry and Marionberry Vinegars, olive oil soap, vanilla from Zanna
-soap from Oregonjen
-goat milk soap from K7
-4 Spider plant starts from playswithfowl
-Serama hatching eggs from Cloverleaf

Bringing for Others:
-Pair or Trio of Seramas for Alexis (you have first choice
-Trio of Seramas for Dustin (outside buyer)

-Cheesecakes:
Cloverleaf: chocolate chip and pumpkin marble
Playswithfowl: peaches and cream
CathyM: dutch vanilla
auntpa-K: ?
pistol123: 4 blue ribbon (plain)
Tsagirl: ?
ahartacres: caramel
K7: Kahlua
Critternpets: Blackberry AND a chocolate/orange with choc. grahm crust
Sunyoung: Pumpkin marble
Cyndi (outside buyer): chocolate chip, pumpkin swirl, kahlua
Tam'ra: 2 sampler platters

Quote:
th.gif
OMG! People like that should just be hermits.
smack.gif

Lol I know, can you believe that??? My comment was "then they should drive another way....OR maybe keep their eyes on the road"
lol.png

Quote:
I can hook her up with Barbara - the outside person bringing chicks and hatching eggs for orps. She has lavendar...

I think I'd like to hook up with Barbara too - I've been unsuccessful with getting lav's for months with someone else.
Go ahead and PM the info and she and I will share it
smile.png
I already told her we had a pretty good resource for Faverolles!

Sending it your way Alexis...she's a really nice lady. I am so glad she will be coming.

Just getting on to post about my Coturnix quail. If you are wanting some PM or email me before Saturday morning as I'll be processing all of them that aren't spoken for.

As for Lav Orps in the Willamette Valley, you really have to be careful. There are people profiting from this fad, even more so than the Marans fad, to the extent some people are getting splash Orp chicks and others getting mongrels instead of Orps. A lot of it comes down to, you get what you pay for. There is a reason that I sell my Lav Orps for $25 a chick and am back ordered until next Spring. The two people I'd recommend are the user "Backyard Farm" from Vancouver can get you some really good hatching eggs and the other is a lady from Scio (don't know her username) that has decent birds from Green Fire Farms (comb sprigs appear to be in her lines, but pretty birds if you don't show). I suppose that I should also mention Christina Korfus from Cle Elum, WA, she is the premier Orp breeder in the the country. However, if you show you already know about her. A dozen of her split lav hatching eggs sold for $225 last fall. If you want more info about a Lav Orp seller from the valley shoot me an email and let you know what I have seen in terms of their birds.

Pics of my serama babies out of the eggs I got from ZooMummzy! 6 hatched (out of 8) lost 2. 4 chicks = 4 roos!
Do I have the 'luck' or what?!?!
Pics took last week, they will be 5 weeks old this weekend!
smile.png

Their names are Raphael, Leonardo, Donatello, and Michelangelo!
lol.png

the Boys!
86058_4_4_wks-b.jpg

86058_chick_1.jpg

86058_0926112016_1chick2-c.jpg

86058_0926112017achick3-b.jpg

86058_0926112019achick4-b.jpg

Quote:
love.gif

I've been meaning to ask, 'What did you do when you were raising Frankie?' He is such a little gentleman! I have his and Jonnie's cage next to Angus and Amanda. They are all in the livingroom, for now, so I have a great 'viewing' whenever I want! Well, these 2 boys are as different as night and day. I put food or treats in the cage, Angus has to run (and I mean run, sometimes right over Amanda!) right to any dishes to be first!! Now, Frankie, always gives Jonnie the first 'turn'. "Always"!! and everytime! At first I thought he was 'shy', but take Jonnie out of the cage.....OMG! ....And when she goes back into the cage, Frankie goes right to her like he has to make sure she is ok. At night, before they go to sleep, they lay in the corner and make coo-ing sounds to each other! It is the sweetest! (I want a husband like Frankie!!)
lol.png

Now Amanda does dot on Angus, but it just isn't 'romantic' like with Frankie and his Jonnie! Angus acts like a 'normal' guy! I want to know how or what you did, to make Frankie this way!! (Now if I could get him to be just a tad quieter first thing in the morning, he would be perfect!!) For a little guy, he has a set of lungs!!

Back
Top Bottom