Oregon Fall Poultry Swap - October 22 - Corvallis @ the Fairgrounds!!!

Quote:
Hi Kari, I'm sorry no one answered that question. Lol we all get a bit scattered as the swap approaches and have a really hard time keeping up with all the posts. I should make that part of the main list I think. Everyone accepts cash and I know a few people take checks too. Yes, there are always a lot of prearranged sales and trades but it seems like most people always bring extras at the last moment. I remember all the "I'm going to through the coop one more time" posts from last spring
lol.png
There are also several outside people bringing birds that have not been spoken for. And the cheesecakes, thank you, I hope you think the fuss is all worth it
smile.png
If you want to prearrange a order, just let me know. I extended the date but it is already rapidly approaching! I will be bringing less than a dozen extras for sale there.

Hope all this helps! If not, just let us know! I look forward to seeing you and everyone there...I can't believe it's October already!!!
ya.gif

Good morning everyone! With all this damp weather, I sure am glad we are going to have a building for this swap!
thumbsup.gif
I received an email from someone looking for peachicks. Alexis mentioned something about peafowl but I haven't that's about it. Does anyone have any or know of anyone who might and would be willing to bring them to the swap? I told her I'd let her know as soon as possible since that is the main thing she is looking for at the swap.

I seem to be in the same boat as Auntpa-k - I hatched 6 Serama eggs
celebrate.gif
, lost 1 baby
sad.png
and now have 4 little roosters
barnie.gif
and 1 little hen
love.gif
. Maybe we can get together and have a rooster farm
lol.png

This looks like a good morning to go over the swap list and decide what I just have to have besides Cheesecakes. Of course that means finally deciding what flavor of Cheesecake
droolin.gif

We just raised some Bob Whites and now I'd like to try Chukars - anyone know anybody that might have eggs for sale? Please let me know
smile.png

Auntpa-K, If you get really desperate for Royal Palms, there is a guy over here in Central Oregon that raises them.

I don't actually know him, but I see his ads on Craigslist. So if you really want those birds, I suggest that you occasionally check the Bend Craigslist, or maybe do a search on the livestock column for Royal Palms.

My memory (which isn't always reliable) says he is located in Prineville. Central Oregon isn't that far a drive for you to get birds you want. Plus there is great shopping in Bend. Don't forget we have no sales tax.

I've got buddies in Seattle who come down for a week every year and load their van up floor to ceiling. You couldn't fit another sheet of paper in there. What they save because of no sales tax pays for their entire vacation.

My sister and I will be attending! We're really excited.

We will be definitely bringing the following but may have more stuff:
- Turkeys
- Barred Rock Laying hens DOB 12/1/10
- EE laying hens DOB 12/1/10
- Bison jerky and pepperoni (We raise bison and have a USDA processing plant)
- Homemade Lotion and Lip Balm (made without those nasty parabens and other crap)
- Egg cartons we don't use anymore
- Handmade aprons
- An older Kuhl 10-hole nest box w/o bottoms

If you'd like fresh or frozen bison meat we process a whole animal about once a week and I am able to bring a cooler with meat for picking up. Again, it is all USDA processed and our meat animals are all corn and soy free as well as hormone and antibiotic free. Our animals free range on grass in Eastern Oregon. We feed alfalfa hay and barley silage most of the year to maintain a balanced diet and produce prime meat animals.

I will also bring some wine boxes from work in case people need them for live animal use.

The only thing I can think that I need right now are geese. I'd like hens only but would consider SR goslings or fertile eggs from the following breeds: Buff, Embden, French Toulouse, Tufted Toulouse. Crosses between any of these breeds is ok too. But I need to stick with geese that lay the most eggs and are on the calm side. Oh, I would be interested fertile eggs or chicks that are Black or Buff Leghorns, and maybe Turkens but I don't know if I can squeeze that past my hubby. Please message me if you are going and have any of these animals so we can chat.

Back
Top Bottom