Oregon Spring Poultry Swap May 5, 2012 in Canby!!!

Thank you so much for organizing, what a great event!!! We had a good time, things were a bit slower even amongst the other swappers this year - we have never come home with pullets before, and this time we did, but we still sold a lot of birds and glad we were able to sell/trade/etc. lots of eggs. Hope everyone has good hatches!

Oh, and for those who headed out early - you missed the most impressive bird at the swap! :D

Also wanted to say thank you to Cloverleaf for setting up a great swap. I came home with NOTHING new that eats (EYAH) but some great deals on supplies, yummy jam/honey, and leg bands. Also, thank you for letting me sit with you and CathyM and just hang with my goat. I came to just browse and had a great time. Hope I get to make the fall one again as well.
frow.gif

Yes, thank you everyone who stopped by and chatted with Ross and me, and to everyone who bought and traded with me. I was so happy to have found new homes for all the birds I brought to the swap! And yes, skye's daughter was so sweet :) glad my little chicks went home with her. Sorry I didn't get to meet more people--identifying byc'ers was a little more difficult than I thought it would be, but I still had a great time and came home with some goodies. Already have the eggs in the incubator :p

Thank you so much for organizing, what a great event!!! We had a good time, things were a bit slower even amongst the other swappers this year - we have never come home with pullets before, and this time we did, but we still sold a lot of birds and glad we were able to sell/trade/etc. lots of eggs. Hope everyone has good hatches!

Oh, and for those who headed out early - you missed the most impressive bird at the swap! :D
That must have been the fly over by the one resembling me. Yes it was AWESOME ! ! !

Had a great time at the Swap and learned a bit from people =) We really appreciated the time people took to talk with us. We came home with 6 hens and one roo, some veggie starts, vanilla, and a present for my daughter. We just moved to Colton in December...and we actually met a neighbor at the swap =) We loved seeing and learning about the Jersey Giants! I hope we can make it to the fall swap.

Thank you Cloverleaf and to all who organized such a great event. My kids and I had a lot of fun and it was nice to put faces on members that I had not met before.
I would love it if it was at Canby Park every year.
Thanx Again,
Joe

Again, so glad everyone had such a great time! I love that park, and glad that everyone else seemed to like the location too. The parking was tight with the cub scout fishing derby going on the same day, but we made the best of it, and it thinned out after a while. I appreciate how many vendors showed up bright and early to set up, made it all much less chaotic!!
hugs.gif

Wow, still recovering but wanted to get my Thank-you's in before this thread goes away and the Fall thread starts! So, Thank you very much to all who helped organize this swap and a special thank-you to Cloverleaf for keeping the updates going on this thread and the organizing at the park. Can't forget Alexis for all your work keeping the website current, it is an awesome one. Gary and I hope everyone enjoys their honey and chicks purchased from us as well as the few other things that we sold. We can not tell you how much we appreciate the support from the local BYC,s, what a fabulous, wonderfull group of chicken groupies :) My Mother in Law who sells all the crochet scrubbies and towel sets was actively promoting the fall swap in Corvallis (I hadn't even told her yet there was going to be one this year.............)

Gary and Rosanna

Hi all, Just wanted to say my husband and I had fun vending at the sale. A big thank you to those next to us who helped up set up and break down our tent. I was very happily surprised to run into my 4-H leader from many years ago, who was also a vendor. We are planning to come to the fall event. (We were the ones with the Swedish flower hens).

Erica

Hi all, Just wanted to say my husband and I had fun vending at the sale. A big thank you to those next to us who helped up set up and break down our tent. I was very happily surprised to run into my 4-H leader from many years ago, who was also a vendor. We are planning to come to the fall event. (We were the ones with the Swedish flower hens).

Erica

Erica...I thought your birds were beautiful! Thank you for telling me about them.
DeAnna

Back
Top Bottom