Oregon

Those hatcheries are also indoor only, the chickens never see the light of day, and every person and object who walks in must be sterilized. Personally that is NOT how I want my chickens to live! Being outdoors puts them at all sorts of risk, including disease. But the whole reason I want to keep chickens is to offer them clean, natural living and that includes being outside! I want them to live as they were meant to, in nature. And sure, that poses risks. If I wanted eggs from chickens kept indoors only and lived out unnatural, sterilized lives, I would buy eggs from the grocery store.

Ditto

Quote: OK i get ya point you want your chickens to live like they did before we domesticated them right ?
Then let them be Prey ................ Simple Dont protect them from Hawks , Dont cage them in raccoons need to eat too ,Id a rat gets into their food Great But if you wanna eat Disease thats your Problem not many do
But feeding your family MG and other Diseases WOW . my Family does live into the 90s and 100s so i wanna be healthy . and ya now My kids mean a lot to me . Eggs in the Grociery store from GMO fed chickens LMAO wow You need to go text someone cause obviously your not awake enough for this conversation

OK i get ya point you want your chickens to live like they did before we domesticated them right ?
Then let them be Prey ................ Simple Dont protect them from Hawks , Dont cage them in raccoons need to eat too ,Id a rat gets into their food Great But if you wanna eat Disease thats your Problem not many do
But feeding your family MG and other Diseases WOW . my Family does live into the 90s and 100s so i wanna be healthy . and ya now My kids mean a lot to me . Eggs in the Grociery store from GMO fed chickens LMAO wow You need to go text someone cause obviously your not awake enough for this conversation

Self Delete because I don't want to add to the drama

Last edited:
OK i get ya point you want your chickens to live like they did before we domesticated them right ?

I'm not entirely sure why you're being so belligerent. Everyone has rights to their opinions. If those hatcheries allow their chickens outdoors (and it's great that they do) they cannot guarantee MG will never be present in any of their birds. Wild birds have it, so there will always be the chance their birds will get it. There are no guarantees. It's great they currently test clean. That may not always be the case. I don't understand why you don't seem to comprehend that exposing chickens to wild birds will expose them to MG as well.

Personally I don't want to eat meat from animals pumped full of vaccines and medication. So I'll stick to getting birds from people trying to breed for disease resistance, and you can do what you like. Pretty simple!

Wow. So I lurk here often. I love this site and the wealth of info I can find here. I don't, however, love the drama. It is a complete turn off. Makes me sad that people are so mean to others they may have only met through a computer screen. Would love to see this remain a site to come to for healthy support instead of the distracting drama pool it is becoming. Especially this thread, since I do live in Oregon.

This is the view my chickens get from their coop ... I took this photo a few days ago just before the sun broke the horizon. I love how the valley between us and the next ridge is filled with fog. It makes it look like you could walk all the way to Mt. Hood before breakfast.

They say our property is ideal for wine grapes with really good exposure to the sun (we are surrounded by vineyards, though the altitude is a bit of a challenge). I think this exposure makes this a great place for chickens.
D.gif
I think the birds get a little bit more sunshine up here than they would get if they were in a coop down in the valley, so I think that helps them want to lay more eggs. They say early morning sunshine is the best sunshine for absorbing Vitamin D -- and Vitamin D is very important for fertility and hatch rates of the eggs.
jumpy.gif

A beautiful sunrise makes having my morning coffee with the chickens good for me, too.
thumbsup.gif
Though something about that lone chemtrail makes me dream of flying away on a different kind of adventure.

Wow, LeslieDJoyce, that's a beautiful piece of property you have there. I'm not a morning person by any means but if that was the view I got I'd be up early enough to welcome the sunrise sight with my coffee too!

Back
Top Bottom