Oregon

Any local coop-builders in PDX? I've been contacting several builders over the past week most have not gotten back to me or have an eight week lead time. My girls are getting big fast. Could use a hand if anyone has experience coop building. No transportation other than public transit makes it hard to imagine being able to get back home from the hardware store with a bunch of materials. :D

Anyone heading to Terrebonne this weekend? I'm getting so excited! Not taking anything to swap or sell, but have some purchases lined up
big_smile.png
. And, who knows, someone else might jump in the car for the ride home......I am limited, though, as I have a 4+ hour drive home in a Corolla
roll.png
. Not much space for hitchhikers lol.
I was hoping to go, but it doesn't look like I'll have a ride, since the people that usually go to Bend all the time have rafting shuttles to do that day. Too bad, since my incubator should be here on Thursday...

I am going. But I am already almost sold out of everything! :D Heading out at 4 am on Saturday coming from Walterville.
I wonder how much business is done ahead of time overall, vs how much vendors make from walk-ins. It would be interesting to get a % on that from the vendors. I'd love to be able to hit the Corvallis swap sometime, it looks massive! But, too far for me.....at least, so far
wink.png

What part of Oreogn do you guys hail from? I'm from around Eugene area, live in the valley. I was wondering how flock raising techniques differ per area. I live outside though, we own a few acres, so we have more than just chickens.

What part of Oreogn do you guys hail from? I'm from around Eugene area, live in the valley. I was wondering how flock raising techniques differ per area. I live outside though, we own a few acres, so we have more than just chickens.
Greetings from La Pine in the heart of Central Oregon!
wee.gif

Oh, I know exactly where La Pine is, we have a cabin out there. Do you get coyotes and other critters trying to get into your coop? Where I live we have minks and raccoons that try to get it, and sometimes skunks, but they aren't very smart at getting into the coops so they usually don't win, you can just smell them the next day, and the chickens hate the smell.

Back
Top Bottom