Oregon

Thanks for the link, some fine birds there, but we're in Oregon and I don't like to order birds through the mail. Plus their minimum order for each breed is more than we can handle. We need a total of 4-5 more birds, no room for a 20+. If anyone in Oregon, preferably Portland, has any of these I am still searching, but considering its getting close to fall, and how susceptible young girls are to cold, we'll have to probably hold off until next summer.

Thanks for the link, some fine birds there, but we're in Oregon and I don't like to order birds through the mail. Plus their minimum order for each breed is more than we can handle. We need a total of 4-5 more birds, no room for a 20+. If anyone in Oregon, preferably Portland, has any of these I am still searching, but considering its getting close to fall, and how susceptible young girls are to cold, we'll have to probably hold off until next summer.
Ok no problem. You could mix breeds to meet minimum. But if you don't want them shipped it's ok :) have a nice day

might go with some hatching eggs next spring, saved your site. Thanks! As far as what's on craigslist right now, I only raise organic chickens, so usually people on CL have birds at point of lay that have been feed conventional feed, so then they're not quite organic.

Last edited:
Hi new here to Or thread,

Looking for work and once I can land a job will be moving to Or. Right now in Wa and I'm surprised that not a lot of people have chickens here. Maybe I'm in the wrong area. 50 miles from Bellingham. I know roos are not welcome in most metro area's like Portland. I have an interview soon in Eugene. Are there a lot of chicken people there?

Thanks
Barb

I am in Eugene and know of several backyard chicken keepers. As "in city" we are technically allowed 2 chickens and no roos, but that is not enforced unless you have a complaining neighbor. I have 8 and my neighbor has 9.

I found the Pastured Poultry Producers web site with a seminar/workshop in Vancouver. Hmmm. Sounds interesting.

http://apppa.org/blog
Pastured Turkey Production in Washington
Posted 7/7/2014 8:31pm by Mike Badger.
Join the American Pastured Poultry Producers Association (APPPA) and Jonathan Coulimore for an intensive learning workshop on pastured turkey production in Vancouver, Washington. Recent research shows that turkey consumption is a growing segment of the specialty poultry industry totalling $7.1 billion in 2012.

When: September 20, 2014
Where: Vancouver, Washington

Topics will include:

An overview of pastured turkey production.
Hands-on turkey processing lead by Jonathan Coulimore. Attendees will have the opportunity to gain hands-on processing experience from slaughter to evisceration to chilling.
Jeff Mattocks will lead a pastured poultry health and nutrition presentation to help producers maximize the health of their turkeys and their profits.
Questions and answers.

Back
Top Bottom