Oregon

Signed
thumbsup.gif

Signed it. Man that neighbor sounds awful. If he's calling in complaints when the rooster isn't even there, maybe he's hearing a different noise entirely and attributing it to the rooster. They should have given you more than 7 days for re-homing regardless. Good luck!

I agree and it sounds like the court is not so much upholding the law as shutting up someone whose complaining loudly because it's easier. If there was a cut and dry ordinance stating that roosters are not allowed, I would agree with the courts decision whether I approve of outlawing roosters or not. I really feel for Mr. Rooster and his owners. How sad.
sad.png

I'm actually surprised to find out that Cornelius doesn't already have an anti-rooster law in the suburbs. They have the "only three chickens per household" rule, which I find much more restricting. Pretty much everyone ignores it anyways, and I've never heard of anyone getting fined for breaking that rule.

Last edited:
I wish I could help. Im in gaston, but we already have 4 roosters who pretty much get along for the most part (2 Sumatran, a cornish, and a frizzle bantam).
Poor gal.

Back
Top Bottom