Oregon

Signed
thumbsup.gif

I am so sorry about what happened at the city council meeting. Well, more like furious actually. For those of you who don't know, Cornelius is trying to draft an amendment to the city charter to make it impossible to own ducks or chickens, poultry or livestock of any kind in residential areas without purchasing a permit from the city! In a farming town! Honestly, there's nothing to do here but farm. And to even get this hypothetical poultry license, the city manager has to come out and check your property and approve your setup. And unless you want to lose that precious permit, your animals can't give birth, be killed or make any noise on your property, and they have to be stationed 10 feet from any fences/property lines. They also can't be visible from the street. Portland, on the other hand, which is an actual city, is way less restrictive! People had coops right in their front yard when I was living there. And honestly how can you even live in Oregon without honoring urban homesteading? How oppressive would this be to all my neighbors to pay the city for the right to do what they have already been doing in their own yard on their own property since forever? I'm completely shocked at this level of stupidity. It was already oppressive enough with the three chicken rule--especially with all the wild animals that live around here killing them off in droves, but now all animals are subject to scrutiny, with any male poultry--including ducks--to be completely banned. I want this draft repealed. If we must have a new draft, I want one expanding our already limited freedoms. I'm going to be fighting this with as many others as I can find. (Sorry for the rant. I really love my ducks and my neighbors' chickens, and don't want to lose any of them due to exploitative fines and further restrictions on our area's currently functioning ecosystem).

Here's the draft: http://www.ci.cornelius.or.us/verti...91-000615642E9D}/uploads/Packet_12-1-2014.pdf

Hey all my fellow Oregonians I am located in grants pass, Oregon and I am looking for a polish rooster in any color other then white crested black polish so if you have one I am really looking for a quality roo thank you in advance for the help

Back
Top Bottom