Oregon

OK she is not a Wyandotte, nor a Brahma she has feathers on her feet but a regular comb which has always flopped over. Guess she is a mix

Feathers are on the outside of her feet. Have fun trying to figure out what her breed is. Her name is Goldie, she has not laid since probably late May, she is two yrs. old. I think she is the oldest because she laid the first egg of all the first five hens we got.

I've had chickens for about five years and had my first coon attack Sunday night/Monday morning. I had 12-15 juveniles that wouldn't coop up at night and lost three of them: one's head was gone and the other two looked fine. Consequently, I started cooping everyone up at night, even the ducks and of course, haven't had any problems since.

I used to free range my birds, but they started visiting the neighbors and left their "gifts" on the neighbors front porches which was not appreciated at all. I built a chicken run and now all my birds are enclosed and I've noticed a problem with rats! I've live trapped five so far!

Sorry to hear about your chickens. The neighbors behind us would forget to close the door at night to the hen house and lost two last week,
that makes it a total of six with in a yr. about. Our dog would hear trouble coming and wake up my husband who then would let the dog
out and he would start barking and growling at the fence, my husband called the dog back then he sat at the table for a bit then heard the
hens scream, then he knew what was outside.

We get rats that eat the hen feed that is outside if we don't get to it first then the dog will. I don't like the dog killing the rat in fear of it
being sick or something then the dog getting it.

hello every one, just ordered my first 4 orpingtons and built my very own coop im looking for other chicken owners in the salem keizer area, people to show me the ropes of chicken care.

I live in McMinnville and would love to meet and talk to other local BYC lovers who I can learn from. ...or learn from each other. Anybody ever thought of putting together a meetup or a similar group where we can meet and get to know others who love chickens?

I live in South Salem. I have 4 (20 wk. old) Blue and Black Laced American Standard Orpington pullets and 3 (17 wk. old) Gold Laced English Orpington pullets. Seems I learn something new about chicken keeping almost everyday.

Bernadine- Have you tried looking for or making a meet up in the site Meetup? Prior to moving to Oregon I had used that site/app and went to local art/craft events. it was great fun. Also check for local poultry swaps (like the one coming up next week in Benton county!!!!! yay) I hope to meet more chicken peeps there :) and since I am also new to the area and Oregon itself, it will be a good learning experience for me to see all the venders and meet people in the know :D

Back
Top Bottom