Oregon

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

I miss CO so much. I grew up near Shaniko, ( I know SMALL TOWN, right?). We lived a completely self sufficient lifestyle, although we never really thought of it as such. We raised Red/white face and Black/white face Angus and Holsteins for beef, chickens for eggs and meat, sheep for meat and wool, turkeys and geese for meat, and we also hunted elk and deer for venison. We would hunt geese, ducks, pheasant, quail, chukar, and grouse. We fished mountain streams and rivers for trout, steelhead and salmon. I MISS THOSE DAYS, LOL!!!

Citron_d'uccle :

I miss CO so much. I grew up near Shaniko, ( I know SMALL TOWN, right?). We lived a completely self sufficient lifestyle, although we never really thought of it as such. We raised Red/white face and Black/white face Angus and Holsteins for beef, chickens for eggs and meat, sheep for meat and wool, turkeys and geese for meat, and we also hunted elk and deer for venison. We would hunt geese, ducks, pheasant, quail, chukar, and grouse. We fished mountain streams and rivers for trout, steelhead and salmon. I MISS THOSE DAYS, LOL!!!

That would be awesome!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
yes yes yes

I would love to add a faverolle pullet to my little bantam flock!

I had a hatchery LF and gave her away to a friend because her feathering was coming in all mixed with grey and black. Not a cockeral, just really bad coloring. She was my sweetest chick at the time. My friend's chcikens had all been killed because her DH left the gate open by accident and one of the whippets got in.

That picture of the Salmon with the chick is too precious!
love.gif

What color is the pullet/hen in the bottom picture that looks black and salmon? I really like that coloration!
droolin.gif

Quote:
I agree...that girl in the bottom row is beautiful!

They are all lovely actually.

Thank you very much. That odd colored pullet is actually dark blue and salmon, it's just hard to see her coloring in that pic. She is the result of a salmon dad and a mottled mom (didn't know the breeder had all their colors running together before I bought eggs)
hmm.png
We love that little girl, so she has a pet home with us, but I don't know what on earth I'm going to do with her...might breed her with a solid blue boy to see if I can isolate that mottled gene that she should be carrying.....
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom