Origano and apple cider

McReynolds

Chirping
Jan 7, 2022
I put a small amount of apple cider in the water and mix dried origano in to hens feed , do either of these have any benifits our is it just a waste of money? Is there any other cost affective suppliers I should be giving hens

Apple cider is great for chooks and helps keep grime and algae from growing in their water! I don’t know anything about the oregano though.

I put a small amount of apple cider in the water and mix dried origano in to hens feed , do either of these have any benifits our is it just a waste of money? Is there any other cost affective suppliers I should be giving hens
:welcome

There is next to zero evidence that ACV does anything for chickens. Even then it has to be the "with the mother" type and still have plain water available at all times. The oregano can be beneficial, but just adding some to the feed is likely not a beneficial level. I don't see a reason why some oregano would harm them though, mine have chosen to eat some off the plant. My advise would be to keep the ACV and oregano for your own use in the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom