Orphington & Orphington cross

curious cat

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 2, 2014
[/IMG]

The first photo is the cross breed.
I'm concerned that both of these chicks are actually chaps. I have 4 chickens that are seven months old and only just started getting one egg a day but it has been very cold. The Buff has just started crowing but none of them have spurs even though the bumps are there. I'm worried that the cross breeds comb is a little bit on the boyish size. Although I'm pretty sure they're both boys a confirmation would be appreciated please as they were a gift from a friend that went to a lot of trouble to get them for me.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

The purebred is indeed a rooster.

How old is the mixed breed? I'm leaning toward pullet, but age is key here. Also, can you get a profile shot of the entire bird?

They're both seven months old approximately. I'm not in the position to take any photos until tomorrow morning. I think two of the crosses are with Wyandotes and I keep forgetting the other cross breed name of the last chicken. The cross in the pick is called Bandit which is very apt if he's been hiding himself amongst the girls. Will post more pics in the morning. Thank you both for taking the time to reply

That's great. Will post a pic just to confirm. Stupid me thought all roosters had long tail feathers and I didn't pay enough attention to the other signs because of that

These are the best I can do at the moment. There isn't enough day light before I go to work to get a clearer shot

Back
Top Bottom