Our 25 lb Cornish X

Wow!
ep.gif
He is a big boy! Did he come from TX? I bet you could put a saddle on that big boy and ride him.

Last edited:
I also had a Cornish X male who ended up being 25 pounds! His name was Mandy.. When we bought him we thought he was a buff orp but ended up being a cornish!
tongue.png

wow, that's like a boat anchor with feathers!!!! i think that's the biggest chicken i've ever seen. you may not have to worry about hawks, but don't let colonel sanders know where you live!!

Wonder what is the world heaviest chicken on record......??????????

Edit to add, my search show heaviest chicken to be 22 lbs, sound like you may have a new world record.........

Last edited:
Handsome boy!!
I raised one Cornish X chick many years ago. Kind of a funny story too. I still get teased about it by some of my friends....
I worked at a Feline only veterinary clinic and a teacher brought in this day old chick (ironic wasn't it?--cat clinic--chick
gig.gif
) and it had curly toes. She told us she hatched eggs for the kindergarten children and this one had a problem so she didn't want to take back to the chicken farm (Lynden Farms--meat chickens) as it would suffer more. So silly me took the chick, got another chick from the feed store for company and raised them in the spare bedroom in my condo. I had to do physical therapy a few times a day on "Fred" and of course had to handle "Ethel" as she seemed to want attention too. Weeks went by, they grew fine and both thought I was "mom." Eventually they were moved to a temporary coop I made at my friends ranch to let them get used to the outdoors and grow enough to be introduced to their birds. Well both were hens (yeah!) and did fine with their new flock. They remained like puppy dogs and would chase after me when I visited (my horse boarded there). Ethel would fly onto my shoulder and practically purr. Although Fred couldn't fly an inch off the ground as she was sooo huge she tried flapping her wings until I'd pick up the tub o' chicken and she'd purr as I pet her. They'd both sit on my lap (heavy load) and seemed so happy. They both eventually laid eggs! Ethel lived a long life of many years and Fred succumbed at nearly two years of age--just found her gone one morning. She even had a "floor level" house we built for her as she never tried to climb the ladder to the main hen house. Ethel often stayed with Fred in the little house as well. She was the sweetest, friendliest, and most affectionate
love.gif
chicken ever. Fred and Ethel are why I am so happy to be getting chickens again!

That is one WIDE chicken! He's twice the size of our Thanksgiving turkey we butchered this year. I bet he eats as much as my three pullets together!

Makes me think of Bianca, our Cornish X hen, who was 11 months and 18 lbs when she died. I called her my little T. Rex, and she always provided comic relief. She was a rescue hen. For her size, she was quite athletic.

Back
Top Bottom