Our assorted quails incubation

Alpine Bobwhite

Songster
Feb 10, 2023
Hello!:jumpy
Not sure if I'm doing it right, but we'll see!

Right now the incubator is full, an Osindii 8 eggs incubator. We have 2 bobwhite eggs in there and 6 coturnix. 5 were put in on the 15th of Feb. 2 on the 16th and 1 on the 17th. We turn them regularly and their humidity seems to be okay. The temperature is set for 37.5 degrees CELSUIS.

We are going to candle the first 5 on the 19th, hope they go well . . . there is just that bit of doubt that they won't hatch. The Coturnix are the ones most likely to hatch, as there is only one known bobwhite pair in the aviary (Alpine and a Mexican Speckled Female).

If you have any advice about the incubating and hatching of the eggs and the looking after of the chicks, please say, as we need as much advice as possible. I know not many people try and hatch bobwhites, or well I haven't seen many, so if you know how to deal and look after the chicks that would be great if you could tell us how.
Thanks!

I have never used those. I recently bought a Nurture right 360 incubator and one other one. Most of the eggs are from my own chickens, but I also bought some eggs off eBay. Today is day 6 of incubation. I candled the eggs a few days ago and most look like they are fertile! :yesss:

Unfortunately they have all died. The incubator was a scam, and the temp was way too low. The chicks developed slower and ate the yolk same speed as usual so when they got to hatching (day 25+) they were too weak. :hit

Back
Top Bottom