Our First Double Yoke!

chickengirl2013

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 5, 2013
Loganville, Georgia
For supper one night, I ate two boiled eggs from our RIR's and a tuna salad sandwich. To my suprise, when I sliced open my egg, it was a double yoke! I never would have thought that the average-sized egg had two yokes in it, but in fact it did!
yesss.gif

LM

Yay!!

Yes, and this one really was a suprise because like I said, I would have never thought this egg to be a double-yoker. You would think that a double yoke would have to be a giant egg but that is not always true, as I am coming to find out.

One of my pullets last fall would lay a double yolker once a week. Her little reproductive cycle was still working out it's kinks. She would lay a double yolker and then the next egg was a rubber egg flopped on the coop floor...LOL. Normal egg, normal egg.... double yolker, rubber egg, normal egg normal egg. and so it went until her Winter break. She started up again here two weeks ago and now they are all just single yolkers normal eggs. I have an egg customer that always asks now if Sunny has laid her double yolker. My black australorp laid one last fall that I thought for sure should have had 3 yolks in it but it turned out to be just two! LOL
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom