Our Journey into chicks

fl.gif

I'm in the same boat as you. Day 22 started six hours ago and I just got my first pip!!! Hang in there!

I'm in the same boat as you. Day 22 started six hours ago and I just got my first pip!!! Hang in there!
Congrats! Fluffies will be arriving soon now!
jumpy.gif

Good Morning, Day 21 + 14 hours. Awoke to find eggs. Yup, eggs, just like yesterday. No Pips yet.
Awww. Well, maybe they are just a little late. What day did you count from? Did you count the day you set them as day 1 or day 0?

Day 22 will start today at 4pm
So they are not super duper late. They still have some time to come out alright. Have you heard any peeping at all? If you listen close sometimes you can hear them peeping inside the shell even before they pip externally. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they get busy soon and you get a good hatch.
fl.gif

No I havnt heard any peeps. And I havnt seen any of them move since yesterday morning, although the #12 egg is the only one I seen move at all. When I got home a bit ago the wife was watching them and said she had been for 20 minutes, then I sat for probably another 20 minutes seeing or hearing nothing. When I mentioned hearing peeps to the wife, she said she had thought she heard one earlier but wasn't sure and it was only 1 peep. We are still in mode wait, but at least I finally have my brooder setup and ready.

:barnie

Last edited:
Funny story.. It's almost been 24 since pip without movement or peeps so I took tweezers to the pip hole and opened to get a look.... And found a duck bill peeping at me!!! So I put it back and am now at a loss as what to do!

Back
Top Bottom