Outdoor Quail Cage

BrandonsBirbs

Thanks HopKat for my PFM ♥
Feb 22, 2022
Berkshire, England
I'm converting two metal pipe structures originally from greenhouses (shaped like houses 🏠) into outdoor quail cages. I will surround them with hardware cloth and create access through a human-only lock on one of the sides of the roof.

I will be using some extra heavy duty waterproof tarp I have to cover these, probably make the roofs overhang.

Now for the bit I need help with, I will be using dirt/sand with wood shavings on top. My outdoors is completely bricked paving so it will be going on top of there. How am I going to manage this without the dirt getting wet from rain?

Should I put a tarp inside? I want them to be easy to move so that I can just sweep up the poop and spray the floor down quickly.

I have a few dogs and cats that come around this area, hoping it will be okay.

Since you plan to hose it off regularly, you might consider having a large bin that you cut an antrance into for the shavings or dirt that you plan to put in there. Since you'll have a roof, the high sides should keep it from getting wet and you can just empty it onto your garden when it gets full of poop.

Back
Top Bottom