Oxford Maine, Poultry/ Farmers Swap

So we had a great turn out saturday at the swap. For the first swap there was a lot of vendors and well there was a constant flow of buyers. this has been my best sale out of all the swaps i do. This store sitting next door to walmart and level with the main road means people the store is always packed. Every one had a good time and lots of sales where made we are def going to be growing this one. Hope to see you all back here next month 7/20/13

we look forward to see u at the next one spread the word i know theres alot of people with other animals other then chickens that need to get the word about this one. If you know a farmer that dosnt have this page of facebook spread the word next swap is at this loction is 7/20/13

Last edited:
Great, glad to see Oxford TSC is back having them, they were really big, especially when we used to put the sign out a month ahead of time. And yes, if anyone had been harmed or whatever, I was informed that it was my own fault, and being a home owner, I did not want my house going to court because of a chicken bit a child.
These were issues that I went with. Also, I had a case of a man neutering pigs on the hood of his truck. Also having a man with Old English Game Birds and what that amounts to is the possibility that he is letting those know when the next cock fight is. That just about flipped me out, I didn't mind if someone brought birds to show, but not advertise! Also, there was a time that a man with shirt, tie, pressed black pants, had gone down to take a photo of that mans birds, then went to talk with him and the guy left, yet was back at other of our events. (He didn't seem to know what I was talking about)

Needless to say, we stopped because of many reasons, to many of them, I can chuckle now! I also have a friend that is looking for ducks & hens, also I know of a EE rooster to give away.
Thank you,
Kel

Ya tock me a while to get them to agree to starting it back up after the issues they had. We had a good turn out last time and im hopeing for another good one this month. I havent yet had any issues at any of the three that i run and i do my best to make sure no issues come up. i was made aware of the issues at this location before i agreed to talk to the store to try and start back up again, so i know what to look out for. I run a clean swap and i plan to keep it that way. All are welcome to come but i will not let any of my three swap locations to get a bad name again

Hello. I was just wondering if this swap was still on going. I haven't noticed it at all in passing, and am looking to purchase some chickens. Any info would be great. Thank you!

hi yes this swap is still going on. We hold it every third saturday of the month at the TSC in oxford,maine next to the walmart. We have been having good turn out for both sellers and buyers. been about 5-6 sellers showing up with all kinds of animals always chickens as well as other animals so you should def find what your looking for

So the next swap iscomming up this weekend 9/21/13.this may be the last of the season at this location depending apone weather next month. If youve been waiting to come out and sell or buy nows the time to come. remmber this isnt only for chickens all small farm animals are welcome as well as any and all products made for or on a farm or grown on your farm.so come out to the TSC on maine street this saturday 9-2 and see what everyone has or bring what u have. if you know people not on here or facebook feel free to spread the word as all farmers are welcome to come and sell or buy. hope to see u all there

Back
Top Bottom